Waking up to a mushy good morning text from your SO and spending hours on end together are special, but sometimes these relationship perks don’t stand a chance against the ones that come with flying solo. Here are nine times when you’re actually really happy to not have an SO.
1. When there’s a cutie in your class
Ready, set, mingle.
2. When you have a really specific craving for Chinese food for dinner
3. When you don’t feel like shaving for a few days (or weeks)
Letting your hair grow everywhere is the definition of happiness.
4. When you unleash your PMS monster
Sorry not sorry.
5. When you want to break out your collection of chick flicks
And embrace your ugly-cry face until the wee hours of the morning.
6. When you don’t have to worry about bad breath
A make-out sesh is nowhere in your near future, but eating a cheeseburger with onions definitely is.
7. When your girls’ night goes way past curfew
Phone off, dancing pants on.
8. When you go on an eight-hour shopping spree and no man is there complaining
It’s all in a day’s work.
9. When you don’t have to share the pizza you ordered with anyone
Plus the pint of ice cream you plan to devour afterwards.