I wasn’t always a morning person, but now I try to get up early and accomplish what I need to get done.
1. Get up as soon as your first alarm goes off: Don’t even give yourself the chance to snooze it
2. Chug a bottle of water when you first get out of bed: This is really important, since you’re so dehydrated after not drinking water all night. If you don’t drink water first thing, that’s probably why you feel sluggish.
3. Stretch and workout in the morning: Moving your body in the AM as opposed to PM is a good way to wake your body up in preparation for the day. The endorphins released during your workout will set you up for a happier day.
4. Plan your day: This is super important to me. I like to know exactly when I’ll be doing what. This is helpful when planning around classes/work/homework.
5. Do something you enjoy, but feel like you never have time to do: In the morning, I try and make time to read, write in a journal, etc.
6. Eat a good breakfast: I used to hate breakfast and now it’s my favorite meal of the day. Even if it’s something small-just make sure you remember to eat!
I like to be able to enjoy my evenings and relax. Getting everything I need to get done completed in the morning is the only way I can do this.