There’s nothing worse than having your schedule get in the way of spending time with your significant other. When life becomes stressful, it may be hard to find the time to show your partner how important he or she really is. You don’t always have to plan a big, elaborate date night; sometimes it’s the little things that mean the most.
Don’t let your relationship suffer due to a hectic semester! The next time you find yourself caught up in everyday stress, try these simple tricks to show your partner how much you value him or her.
1. Send a handwritten letter. When was the last time you received one of those?
2. Put together a care package full of his or her favorite treats. Don’t forget the cookies, brownies and carry-to-class snacks!
3. Send goodnight and good-morning texts. It’s always nice to start or end the day with your significant other on your mind.
4. Order takeout from your sweetie’s favorite restaurant. You can’t go wrong with pizza or Chinese.
5. Buy your SO a coffee for studying. This is the perfect pick-me-up, and it won’t cost you much.
6. Make a playlist with your SO’s favorite songs. Remember those old-school mix CDs you used to share in middle school? Share your Spotify playlist of tunes that express how you feel.
7. Share a funny photo that reminds you of one of your inside jokes. This is guaranteed to make your SO smile.
8. Leave little notes in your SO’s textbooks or backpack. For a nice surprise, you can hide sticky-note messages where they’re likely to be found.
9. Surprise your SO with a DVD. If you can’t find the time for a night out at the movies, bring the movie to your SO.
10. Pick up the latest issue of your SO’s favorite magazine. Making the effort to remember little details like this is important and will let your partner know you were thinking of him or her.
11. Create a DIY coupon book. This is a fun and easy way to make up for any lost time while your schedules don’t exactly match up. Make a little book of things you want to do together (such as ice cream dates, breakfast in bed, etc.), and give it to him or her!
12. Make a mason jar craft. Write down your favorite memories together or what you love about your SO on strips of paper and put them in the jar.
13. Buy a box of your SO’s favorite candy. This is a simple (and sweet) way to show you care.
14. Write encouraging messages in your SO’s calendar. This is great for the days when classes get overwhelming.
15. Plan a study date at library. This way you can see each other while also getting your own work out of the way.
16. Frame your favorite picture of the two of you. Bonus points if the frame is hand-decorated!
17. Join your SO on daily errands. Have a jam-packed day with lots of places to go? Ask your significant other to tag along. You can spend time together while being productive as well!