There comes a moment in every budding relationship that women either loathe or love. Such a moment determines which direction your relationship is headed. It’s the moment when he pops the question: Netflix and chill? It’s a brief little message, but oh the difference a single text can make. Whether you’re ready for commitment or just looking to enjoy a few flicks and some alone time, here are 15 thoughts every girl has when asked to Netflix and chill.
1. Whoa. HOLD UP.
The first time is always a shock. You’ve heard of “Netflix and chill” but actually seeing the tiny words light up on your screen in text message form is a gut punch from reality.
2. But I just got all comfy for bed…
Is it worth it? Those fuzzy socks and snuggie will keep you warmer than any boy.
3. Does this mean I have to shave?
4. Are we…a thing?
Wait a second…is this the start of something new?
5. I wonder what we’ll “watch.”
You’ve been meaning to catch up on your shows, and you never did get around to seeing Silver Linings Playbook.
6. How much of this are we actually going to watch?
Does it really matter what he picks? You’ll probably be seeing a lot less of the movie and a lot more of him.
7. Oh no, I ate garlic potatoes at dinner.
*GASP* This is a gamechanger. One scoop of delicious, starchy goodness could change the course of your entire night and relationship.
8. Should I change out of my sports bra?
You don’t want to seem like you’re expecting anything to happen, but better safe than sorry.
9. Will there be snacks?
This is crucial. Snacks are a major draw. If there aren’t any in the near future, you should probably carbo-load before heading out.
10. If it’s going to be dark, do I really need to put on makeup?
You are amazing just the way you are! Didn’t Bruno Mars make that clear?
11. This sweatshirt is appropriate, right?
It says, “I was caught off-guard by your text, but that doesn’t mean cuddling is out of the question.”
12. When was the last time I brushed my teeth?
Oh no. Was it before or after the garlic potatoes? To the mouthwash!
13. If he puts on OITNB, no deal. I am NOT caught up.
No man is worth screwing up your viewing order. He should understand or else you’re out of there!
14. Am I reading too much into this?
What if he actually just wants to watch a movie? Oh, wow.
15. No, I’m awesome. Let’s do this.
This is definitely the start of something new. Time to put on some deodorant and chill out.