The Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show: Collegiettes love it, but hate it at the same time – how are those angels so totally gorgeous!? While professionals spent hours getting the angels runway-ready, I have some steps, tips, and tricks to help you achieve the ultimate Victoria’s Secret beauty look right from your home.
Victoria’s Secret angels are known for their voluminous locks that fall effortlessly on their shoulders as they strut down the runway. Last night, a majority of the models also sported the now-returning middle part. So, to achieve the ultimate angel hair look (without looking like you put in any effort at all) simply follow these steps:
1. After you get out of the shower, towel dry your hair and run a comb through it. Apply any leave-in or strengthening products as you normally would.
2. Using a comb, part your hair directly down the middle. To figure out where the middle it can help to trace a straight line from the tip of your nose all the way to the back of your scalp.
3. Now that your hair is parted, use a volumizing mousse and apply enough to cover your entire palm to the middle to top layers of your hair. It can help to have your hair flipped over your head!
4. Next, re-locate your part and get out your hair dryer. If you have a diffuser this would be a great time to use it, because you don’t want the harshness of your dryer to flatten all of the volume you just created with the mousse.
5. Once your entire head is dry, take out your curling iron and curl your hair - Ideally you shouldn’t use an iron that is less than 1.5”.
6. Shake out the curls to loosen them slightly, apply hair spray (it can help to push your hair up at the crown of your head and hair spray it in that position for some extra volume) and you’re done!
Next Page: The Makeup..
It seemed that last night the models rocked pretty similar makeup looks. All of the flare and pizazz came out in the clothes (or lack there of). But, to there are definitely some signature Victoria’s Secret makeup points that can get you looking runway ready in no time:
1. Once you have applied your foundation, concealer and powder, using an angeld brush, apply a mildly-shimmery bronzer (NARS Laguna is perfect!) to the space between the tops of your cheek bones and the hallows of your cheeks (make a fish face to help locate the area you want to bronze up). If you think this looks harsh, pick up a little more product on the brush and blend it into your hair line, jawline and slightly down your neck.
2. Use a blue-toned pink blush and apply on your face starting from the apple of your cheek right below the pupils of your eye and ending at the spot along your cheekbone where your eye ends.
3. Now you’re done with your face makeup. So, moving on to eyes. First apply a primer so that your eye shadow doesn’t move.
5. Next you can use either your same bronzer, or another brown eye shadow, and apply this color to the crease of your eye to add dimension. Use a smaller brush and blend this brown along the outer half of your lower lash line to make your lashes appear thicker.
6. Now use a black or deep brown soft pencil eyeliner and smudge it along your upper lash line and slightly along your lower lash line (about 1/3 of the way in).
7. Smoke the liner out a little bit with a dark brown or black eye shadow, curl your lashes, add mascara and you’re done!
With this hair and makeup, you’ll have heads turning and people calling Vicky’s saying they’re missing an angel!
Photos courtesy of: cbs.com/shows/victorias_secret, exsmokey.com, hdryers.com