Have you ever put together a really cute outfit that you just cannot find the perfect lip color to match? Or when you do find the perfect color, is it just too expensive? Don’t worry, collegiettes, here is a way to fix all of your lip color problems: make your own lipstick! Don’t worry, the process is way easier than you might think.
Using this tutorial, you can make lipstick in any color you want, and forget the stress of the search.
What You’ll Need:
- Some sort of container (An empty Chapstick container is usually the container of choice.)
- A crayon in the color you want your lipstick to be (Yes, the glue holding your lipstick together is a childhood classic!)
- Half of a teaspoon of shea butter
- One quarter of a teaspoon of coconut oil
- One candle
- A lighter or match
- A metal spoon
- First, sterilize your container. The last thing you want is any bacteria making its way towards your mouth.
- Next, unwrap the crayon that you will use for your lipstick. Keep in mind that the color of the crayon you choose will be the color of your lipstick
- To begin the actual mixing process, heat the spoon over the candle. (Be careful not to burn yourself! We don’t want pretty lips and burnt fingertips.)
- Next, place the crayon onto the spoon. This step is easier if you break up the crayon into smaller pieces.
- Wait for the crayon to melt.
- Add the shea butter and coconut oil. Stir with the toothpick until everything is melted and blended completely.
- Pour the contents of the spoon into your container. Remember, don’t touch the hot part of the spoon!
- Finally, place your container in the freezer to cool for thirty minutes.
Once your lipstick has cooled and hardened, you are all set to start using it! Now you can follow fall trends without breaking the bank. Stay beautiful, collegiettes!