Listen, I’m a girl who loves her sleep but I wholeheartedly believe in the “look good feel good” lifestyle—which means I swear by beauty hacks that help me out the door within five minutes of leaving my bed. My secret weapon? A loose ponytail. This ponytail trick transforms any just changed out of my pajamas look to I have my sh*t together chic in minutes. All you need are some slept in curls and staple accessories.
Here’s how to do it:
1. Heat up your curling wand.
You might not need it, but you might want to make touch-ups along the way. For all my curls I use 1 ½ inch or 2 inch barrel to achieve my desired loose curl.
LUV Curling Wand, Amazon, $55; shop now
2. Brush out your hair. This will get rid of all the tangles and make it easier to pull your hair back neatly into the loose pony.
Full disclosure: I have thick hair so my curls tend to have texture and volume even after the third day. If your hair doesn’t hold like mine, I recommend volumizing spray, hairspray, and teasing at the roots to add volume.
TIGI Bedhead Superstar Thickening Spray, Ulta, $20; shop now
Amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo, Sephora, $25; shop now
Aussie Mega Hold Hairspray, Target, $3.50; shop now
3. Once your hair is brushed out, part in the middle.
It doesn’t have to be perfect but part it to whatever you deem looks best. Tease roots to add more volume if necessary.
4. Pull hair back into a low pony (below your ears), tying it with a hair tie. Pull any strands of hair that you want loosely out from the pony.
5. Tie your pony with a hair tie and adjust to the desired look.
This is where you can touch up any of the loose strands with the wand.
6. Accessorize. To really put the look together add accessories.
My go-to’s are fun scrunchies and statement earrings.
Darling Draped Bow Scrunchie, Urban Outfitters, $6; shop now
Velvet Hair Scrunchie Set, Urban Outfitters, $12; shop now
Tiered Disc Drop Earrings, Forever 21, $3; shop now
Want more quick hacks for getting ready in a hurry? Check out our new IGTV series Be There in 5. Each week, the Her Campus team will show you quick hacks that will turn that “be there in 5” text from a lie to the truth.
Follow Edel on instagram.