Lily James is definitely princess material. The star of the upcoming Cinderella movie, which comes out today, possesses a certain royal grace. Also known for playing cousin Rose on the popular period television series Downton Abbey, James is no stranger to being outfitted in luxurious gowns for her roles. But this star has rocked plenty of regal looks off screen, too. Now if only we had our own fairy godmother to grant us dresses like these…
1. Laurence Olivier Awards – April 2013
This elegant corset style dress is sleek and chic.
2. Changing Faces Gala Dinner – March 2014
Intricate red lace pleats and long sleeves give this look a baroque feel.
3. Cinderella Mexico City Premiere – March 2015
This Prada gown is simple and sophisticated with a deep-V and wrap detail.
4. British Academy Film Awards – February 2013
James is the belle of the ball in sheer black lace with flutter sleeves.
5. Cinderella Berlin Premiere – February 2015
Looking pretty in petal pink, James stuns in this strapless ball gown.
6. Cinderella Moscow Premiere – February 2015
Glittering cage detailing and a slick updo are fit for a queen!
7. Royal Dinner at Windsor Castle – May 2014
James looks enchanting when stepping out for dinner with royalty (IRL!) in this feathered number
8. Cinderella LA Premiere – March 2015
James looks like a real life Cinderella in this sparkling powder blue Elie Saab.
Be sure to check out Cinderella, coming out today, March 13!