Your Harry Potter House Depends On Your YSU Coffee Spot

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Youngstown chapter.

There are four places to grab coffee, tea, or a small snack on YSU campus and whichever is your regular stop decides your Harry Potter house. Are you courageous like a Gryffindor, witty like a Ravenclaw, ambitious like a Slytherin, or loyal like a Hufflepuff? Let’s find out!

gryffindor

You are definitely a Gryffindor if you go to the Dunkin’ Donuts located in Kilcawley Center. They are in the center of campus – they are the main character! It’s a perfect place to study, or sit and hang out with your friends.

ravenclaw

Now this decision is partly bias because I’m a Ravenclaw and this coffee spot is my go-to every single day! However, it makes sense – LET ME COOK! If you go to the StoneFruit Coffee across the street from the main campus, you are indeed a Ravenclaw just like me. The ambiance is perfect for studying, hanging with friends and reading your book! The aesthetic alone makes me go even if I’m detoxing!

Now there are two spots left that are VERY similar, yet VERY different! Their location on campus is what decides whether you are a Slytherin or a Hufflepuff.

slytherin

If you go to the café located in Maag Library, you are a Slytherin! Your ambition carries into your education, and you are about business at all times. You are there to study and you need your fuel for the three exams you have back-to-back next week!

hufflepuff

I adore my Hufflepuffs, your loyalty amazes me, including your loyalty to the café in the YSU Bookstore. The lines are never long, your ambiance is quiet, your school books are right upstairs and if it gets cold then you can just buy a merchandise hoodie five feet to your left!

Which house did you think were, and where did you fall after reading?

If you would like to know which Divergent faction you’re in depending on your residence on campus – click here!

Camden Spann

Youngstown '24

I am a Senior at Youngstown State University achieving a degree in Merchandising: Fashion & Interiors with a double minor in Journalism and Creative Writing.