Where You Live on YSU Campus Decides Your Divergent Faction – Which is Yours?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Youngstown chapter.

There are five factions: Abnegation – the selfless, Amity – the peaceful, Candor – the honest, Erudite – the intelligent, and Dauntless – the brave. Depending on where you live on or off YSU campus, you fall under one of the factions, find out which one you are below.

Abnegation

The Courtyard Apartments located across from the main campus are those in Abnegation. Many of the people I’ve met, especially those in the Honors’ extension, are some of the most thoughtful individuals. The independent living experience extends to those who live in the University Edge (or commonly know as just The Edge) and they too are selfless. I think the independence changes one’s way of thinking and what they should and shouldn’t cherish such as friendships.

amity

Next up we have the kindest people I know who live in the center of the main campus. Extended from the main attraction of YSU – Kilcawley Center, Kilcawley Housing holds the Amity. Maybe it’s because they are neighbors with the main food resources such as Wendy’s and Chick-fil-A, they never have a reason to be hangry and therefore are always peaceful!

candor

The honest are those you can believe in and trust. Those in the Candor faction definitely live in Wick House. Neighboring the main campus, and dwelling on the street with the most traffic – Wick Avenue, the upper-class student housing is only full of those one would consider to be honorable.

erudite

If you attend or have ever been to YSU then the next faction should be a unanimous vote! The Erudite are those who live in the Cafaro House – a.k.a, the main Honors housing. This is self-explanatory; of course those living in the honors housing are those of intelligence and wit.

Now, if you know about YSU housing options, you will know that there are nine of them, but we’ve only put five of them into factions. Will all four fall under the last faction? No, only three will!

dauntless

The last faction on the board are those of bravery and courage. They are misunderstood as to be bullies, but the people I know are anything but, they are true Dauntless! Those who neighbor the Cafaro House, having a diversity of majors and personalities – Lyden House residents are brave! Those who neighbor the main campus in the opposite direction of Wick House, living in The Enclave, are courageous! And if you live in the Flats on Wick, then you are surely fearless!

divergent

If you’ve read the books and/or watch the movies, then you know that there is a (sort of) sixth option within the factions. If you fall under all the factions equally, then you are Divergent – you are a resident of the Weller House. Apartment-like style for those who are graduates and/or have families are those that are selfless, peaceful, honest, intelligent and brave!

Special thanks to HC at FSU for the inspiration! If you want to know which Harry Potter house you are based on where you get your coffee on YSU campus – click here!

Camden Spann

Youngstown '24

I am a Senior at Youngstown State University achieving a degree in Merchandising: Fashion & Interiors with a double minor in Journalism and Creative Writing.