This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Youngstown chapter.

Nearly one year since the pandemic began, we are still dealing with all of its effects. We’re at almost an entire year of holidays celebrated differently than normal, and Valentine’s Day will be no different. I’m here to provide some fun date night ideas for Valentine’s Day during a pandemic.

Order take-out and have a fancy dinner at home.

You don’t need to go to a fancy restaurant to have a nice dinner. Get some flowers and dig in!

If you’re skilled enough at cooking, make your own nice dinner.

Make some pasta or a charcuterie board with your significant other. Not only can you enjoy your yummy food together, but you’ll bond over making it and create a special memory.

Have a movie night.

Maybe you want to watch a couple new movies or you want to rewatch the entire Star Wars saga (my kind of night), make some popcorn and cuddle up with your SO to watch some movies!

Have a virtual date.

Due to the pandemic, you may not be able to get together with your SO on Valentine’s Day. That’s okay! Plan to FaceTime or set up a Zoom call and eat together. You can also play some games online or if you both have the same type of gaming console. Think Among Us or Animal Crossing. Or share your screen and watch a movie together!

Play games.

Gather up as many board games, card games, etc. that you have and plan the ultimate game night. Buy some snacks and compete against each other! The loser will buy dinner once you’re comfortable and able to go out to eat in public again.

Hit up fast-food restaurants for a four-course meal.

You may have seen the TikToks of couples and/or friends going out to eat at four different fast food places for each part of the meal. They’ll go to one place for drinks, a different place for appetizers, a different place for the entree, and a different place for dessert. Play rock, paper, scissors before each course to see who gets to decide where you’re going!

Have a spa night.

If you’re going to stay home, you might as well practice some self-care. I always see couples having spa nights together and it’s super cute.

Rachel is a senior at Youngstown State University, majoring in Marketing with a minor in Advertising & PR. She was the founder of the Youngstown chapter of Her Campus and served as Campus Correspondent/President for 2.5 years. She now serves as the Campus Outreach Chair. She is also sister of Zeta Tau Alpha sorority, where she serves as the Vice President of Programming. She is passionate about content creation and leaving a legacy in the organizations she is a part of. In her free time she enjoys traveling, spending time with friends, family, and her boyfriend, and shopping.