Inside of Carmine Street Bookstore
Inside of Carmine Street Bookstore
Original photo by Priyal Maheshwari
Life > Experiences

Tattoos are so Addicting

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Youngstown chapter.

My snap memory just popped up from a year ago today with the first tattoo that I ever got with my sister. I remember how nervous I felt driving to the shop. I totally exaggerated how bad the pain was going to be. My itty bitty tattoo probably only took 5 minutes of my life but, at the moment it definitely did not feel that way. How crazy a year passes by in such an instant, like it truly feels like yesterday. Over this past year, I have only gotten 1 more but plan to get one very soon. Something about the feeling and endorphins of tattoos makes you want to get more even when you are unsure of the idea. Tattoos are actually known to be addicting because they release huge amounts of adrenaline. This sudden release of adrenaline is remembered by the brain and draws you into getting more. Another reason people claim to be addicted to tattoos is because of the pain. The pain truly is like no other and honestly once it is over you forget what it even felt like. This is caused by the adrenaline masking the feeling of the pain. So when someone says they’re addicted it probably isn’t an exaggeration!

Julianna Sandine

Youngstown '24

I am a Senior at Youngstown State University, majoring in Biochemistry through the Baccmed program. My hobbies include thrifting, drinking coffee, doing yoga, and hanging out with her friends! I love HerCampus for all it has given & taught me, I have met the most amazing girls through HC <3