This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Youngstown chapter.

A lot of people grow up wishing for true love. A soulmate, a connection – something real and pure.

Then The Bachelor walked onto the scene in 2002 and blessed us all with enough entertainment that whether we were single or in a relationship – it soothed us. From the love to the drama, and most importantly – Chris Harrison, The Bachelor, and all of its franchises have a special place in my heart. 

In recent years, for me, it just keeps getting more and more interesting. You see new personalities every season or someone does something drastic… like hopping a fence.

Remember these lines that made your heart flutter?

“I don’t care if you’re about to leave. I’m not going to stop fighting for you.”

These words were spoken by Mr. Colton Underwood himself as Cassie Randolph – contestant of Season 23 – told him that she was leaving. She wasn’t ready for such a relationship, especially something like engagement. As she ended up walking away, Underwood was very upset, and this triggers the iconic scene of him jumping over a fence to run away.

I won’t go into details of how it all happens and what happens after, I’m sure you watched every moment of the rest of the season without blinking like I did. We know he wanted to be with her and got his wish. So let us skip to their current situation: restraining order.

Yes, you read that right. 

It is no secret that Colton and Cassie have had some ups and downs in their relationship, they even had that breakup situation in 2019, but May of this year – they officially called it quits. Now I’m not going to lie, I wanted them together, but after quite a few weeks of following their relationship… I got bored. I was obsessed with Caelynn Miller-Keyes and all things her. M-Keyes and Dean Unglert’s relationship is so cute! And their dog – ADORABLE! I seriously love them so much and I’m happy they’re happy.

Now back on topic, Underwood and Randolph seemed a little… forced to me. At points, I didn’t even really like Cassie, but then I watched her Instagram stories almost every day and now she’s one of my favorite people. Colton… has been a little suspicious since Becca’s Season of The Bachelorette (Season 14). It’s the little things – orange flags if you will.

So it didn’t fully surprise me when I heard that Cassie issued a restraining order on him, but it’s still a bit shocking!

Harassing is the best way to sum it up. Text messages sent to Cassie stating she’s selfish and not ready to be loved, along with other texts being received that aren’t exactly ‘Hi, I love you and I’m sorry’ material.

Reports say he was out of town for a while and when he decided to head home, she pursued legal help.

I can’t lie, I would too if I found a TRACKING DEVICE ON MY CAR! WHAT?!

How did we go from watching these two fall in love and overcome obstacles on national television to watching one of them file a restraining order on the other in such a short time? 

Now even though this is all one side of the story and can be so-called proven, I have to play Devil’s advocate. Cassie can’t be all sunshine and rainbows, right?

I guess we’ll just have to wait and see if anything new pops up. Grab your wine and cheese board spread ladies, this could get interesting.

Camden Spann

Youngstown '24

I am a Senior at Youngstown State University achieving a degree in Merchandising: Fashion & Interiors with a double minor in Journalism and Creative Writing.