This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Youngstown chapter.

With Valentine’s Day approaching, it’s the perfect time to revamp your closet. Don’t be the typical girl wearing jeans on Valentine’s Day – it’s time to step out and show off your closet. There are so many amazing ways to show off your personality through your style.

Red and pink are such perfect classics for your Valentine’s Day outfit. A cute sweater vest with red hearts on it and a white button-down underneath would be the perfect way to style with jeans if it was still preferred. Another idea is to wear all black and totally switch your outfit up. It would be the perfect twist to a day filled with love. A red dress but pairing it with a cute pair of clear heels would be an amazing way to boost your outfit and really make everyone turn their eyes when you walk in. I love the trend of wearing bright colored pants instead of the same boring colors, red or even pink pants would be a beautiful way of boosting your outfit and standing out in a crowd. The tan pants with hearts on them with a crop top would look so amazing on Valentine’s Day.

Corsets are so in right now!! They would be perfect for the occasion. I love wearing them with a sheer top underneath or again a white button-down. It adds so much to an outfit and really changes how the entire outfit looks. It is a transforming piece to an outfit.

Emma Chamberlain is one of my favorite influencers when it comes to clothes. She always knows how to step out and really push the limits with clothes. Emma always knows just how to make something come back and make everyone else want to wear it. She always can add a pop of color to her outfit to make you think “wow, maybe I should try that next.” One of my favorite outfits of hers is the controversial one that she posted recently. It was a striped skirt with a blue button-down; it really made some people think “I really like what she wears,” but she flipped this into wanting to wear the ugliest clothes and try to make them trendy again. I love this. It is such a way to challenge yourself.

Fashion is so important to me and is a way of showing off my personality. Fashion is one way to make someone think that you might just be an influencer or that you really do have style. Take Valentine’s Day as a way to step out of your comfort zone and put something on that makes you feel confident. Confidence is so important because you are amazing and need to embrace that. At the end of the day, that is why we wear what we wear because we want to look good and an amazing outfit can do just the trick.

Julianna Sandine

Youngstown '24

I am a Senior at Youngstown State University, majoring in Biochemistry through the Baccmed program. My hobbies include thrifting, drinking coffee, doing yoga, and hanging out with her friends! I love HerCampus for all it has given & taught me, I have met the most amazing girls through HC <3