This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Youngstown chapter.

As we know, December is one of the jolliest months of the year. Everywhere you go, you hear about Christmas. Most importantly, everywhere you go, you hear Christmas music. I honestly think Christmas music is one of my favorite genres. Every December I make a playlist of my holiday faves, so I’m here to share them with you! Hopefully, I can help add to yours! :)

Lonely Christmas – Bryson TIller, Justin bieber

This is one of my FAVORITE songs ever. First of all, Bryson snapped with his new Christmas album. Best idea anyone has ever had. This song is a really sad Christmas song but it’s so good at the same time. Bryson’s and Justin’s voices mesh so well together. The song is catchy and upbeat for being a sad song. I definitely recommend adding this song to your playlists!

Christmas in harlem – kanye west, prynce cy hi, & teyana taylor

This song is such a good Christmas song without having that typical Christmas song vibe. Kanye has the cutest lyrics despite this being a rap song. Teyana Taylor has such a beautiful voice that goes well with Kanye. About a year or two ago, I was recommended this song by a friend, and I kind of just scoffed at it because I didn’t think it would be a song I liked… Funny because it’s now one of my favorite Christmas songs, and it’s just a good song in general. Definitely a song I would belt out in my car by myself.

Christmas in the country – thomas rhett

For all my country lovers, this is such a good song! It’s another song that doesn’t really sound like a stereotypical Christmas, which makes me love it even more! I personally am a huge country fan, so I love when country artists step out and make fun songs like this one. It’s a good song, and it’s festive too so it’s perfect to listen to during the holiday season.

i’ll be home for christmas (if only in my dreams) – frank sinatra

If you’re not listening to Frank Sinatra during the holiday season, then what are you doing?! When I think of Christmas, I instantly think of Frank Sinatra. His voice is so velvety and perfect for Christmas music. Now the song is a super depressing song, but I think that’s why I like it. It’s so different than the holly jolly Christmas songs. The meaning behind this song is truly heartbreaking, but it’s intoxicating to listen to. Definitely recommend it for your sad moods.

Have yourself a merry little christmas -john legend ft. esperanza spalding

This song is so great! Typically when artists cover this song, they make it more of a slow-sounding song. For example, Sam Smith’s version. They did the slow approach, and it’s a beautiful cover. But, I do love John Legend’s version. He took the jazz route and made it an upbeat song. I love how his voice combines with Esperanza’s to create a bouncy feel to the song. Listen and you’ll see.

Reygan Moore

Youngstown '25

Reygan is a second year student at Youngstown State University. Her major is Communications on the social media track. She hopes to become a social media manager after finishing her degree. She is extremely passionate when it comes to music and fashion. Be sure to look out for her style tips and music suggestions!