Career > Her20s

How to Make a Vision Board for 2022

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Youngstown chapter.

It’s hard to believe that we’re at the finish line of 2021, and about to enter 2022. I don’t know about you, but 2022 almost doesn’t even sound like a real year. Also, that sentence made me think of the song “22” by Taylor Swift, but moving right along…

The end of the year is always a time of reflection and reminiscing. What went great? What did you accomplish? Most fun vacation? What sucked about the year? What do you wish you’d done differently? I think that these are actually important questions to ask ourselves as the new year approaches because it can set you up to really consider what you want your next year to look like. 

If you don’t know, a vision board is basically a collection of pictures, words, or quotes that are organized into a sort of collage, or picture board. You can make your own vision board in a multitude of ways; Pinterest is a great example. If you prefer to keep it digital, you could have a Pinterest board that’s specifically labeled “Vision Board”, and pin different pictures and affirmations that you want to channel into your life, or you could make separate boards for separate areas of your life, for example, a “Health/Wellness” board, “Travel” board, “New Home” board, “Soulmate” board, and so much more. Canva is also a great platform for creating a digital vision board as well. Simply copy and paste your desired photos onto a vision board template, and then save them to your computer. The cool thing with this is that you can save your vision board and make it your laptop, desktop, or even phone wallpaper so that you’re always keeping your goals in mind!

If you’re more of a crafty type gal, you can make a physical vision board by printing off photos from the internet or cutting them out from magazines, then glue them onto a poster board, or stick them onto a cork board (like I did). I have a preference for making a vision board this way because you can get super creative and decorate your board in so many cute ways. Feel free to hit up the craft or dollar store and go wild. 

I also made a “vision book”, where I took a binder, decorated the outside a little bit using colored paper and sticky letters, and then glued in pictures I printed off of Pinterest to the pages inside. I even categorized certain areas of life using dividers, so I have: Career and Money, Body and Health, Relationships, Spirituality, Travels, My Home, and Miscellaneous. I feel like this is a great way to get super clear on what you want to manifest into your reality and what kind of life you want to live. 

I also want to note that it’s totally ok to change your mind and add or delete things on your board throughout the year; maybe you don’t want that Tesla anymore, maybe that job isn’t what you want any more, whatever it is, it’s ok to decide that maybe you don’t want it, or that you want something else instead. 

So make a party out of it! Invite some friends over, buy some snacks and drinks, and have a vision board party, where you all literally make your boards together. I haven’t had the opportunity to do this, but I’ve heard that it’s an awesome and fun way to set goals and make plans for the future. Also, don’t be afraid to dream big. Let your imagination run wild! You’d be surprised at some of the things people have manifested into their reality, and sometimes, they didn’t even realize that they manifested it until later after it happened. You are SO much more capable and deserving than you know. Here’s to creating a fun, peaceful, fulfilling, exciting 2022!

Alexis Penny

Youngstown '21

Hello! My name is Alexis, and i’m currently a junior at Youngstown State University. I’m majoring in media communications with a minor in marketing. Some of my hobbies include working out, journaling, and spending time with friends and family.