Be More Like Blair Waldorf, Here’s How

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Youngstown chapter.
Tights Are Not Pants!

Blair is definitely known for her amazing wardrobe as she made all the rules for Constance and continued to rule the fashion world when she released her own clothes. Her preppy chic style is to die for and if you haven’t already, add a couple of her staple pieces like a cream or blush pink pouf dress. She is also known for her amazing A-line dresses as well. Remember, when in doubt, a headband is always a great accessory.

Head Held High

Blair was definitely no stranger to getting revenge; when it came to scheming, she was the best. Now, I don’t recommend trying to get one of… or both- of your ex-boyfriends to sleep with your boss, but you need to take action. Blair never let anyone walk over her – especially not Vanessa, Jenny, Georgina, or even Serena. She held her head up high even in the worse situations, handled her business, and was still back home to complain to Dorota at a reasonable time.

Know Where Your Loyalties Lie

If you truly watched the show, then you definitely know that the toxicity levels were high. From scheming and cheating to throwing your friends under the bus. However, when need be, the Core Four always had each other’s backs. We saw the best moments when Serena was scared about Georgina’s return, when they had to hunt Serena down after she ran away, and my personal favorite – when Juliet tried to get Serena kicked out of Columbia. When they stood around her in that circle – ICONIC! 

Even though we can clearly see a pattern here, and Blair and Serena have had their catfights both physical and mental, they would never leave her behind. You can’t leave behind the Queen you’re supposed to follow.

Speak Your Mind

I’ve already said that Blair never let anyone walk over her, part of this is her amazing wit and snarky comebacks. She always knew what to say whether it was blackmail or just the absolute truth. She has some iconic quotes and I can only bow to Leighton Meester for her execution. 

“If you really want something, you don’t stop for anyone or anything until you get it.” 

“Destiny is for losers. It’s just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making things happen.”

“I would never put my fate in someone else’s hands.” 

“I’m not a stop along the way. I’m the destination.” 

“Once men have tasted caviar, it baffles me how they settle for catfish. 

And my personal favorite – 

“Well here’s my advice. Have a little faith, and if that doesn’t work, have a lot of mimosas.”

If you ever have any issues – WWBWD?

Camden Spann

Youngstown '24

I am a Senior at Youngstown State University achieving a degree in Merchandising: Fashion & Interiors with a double minor in Journalism and Creative Writing.