This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Youngstown chapter.

Back to school has been rough. The transition of getting to spend all day doing whatever I wanted to having a strict schedule can be exhausting. This is something I don’t think a lot of people truly consider. Not everyone had the relaxing summer vacation that they wanted, me included. Mine was spent working, along with doing other summer classes. This leads to going back to school very overwhelming. I didn’t get the break that I wanted, but this is why I allow myself to slowly adjust. Going into the third week is the time that I really want to start getting on top of my schoolwork. I feel like I have been managing this well.

Okay so, the whole point of this article is to remind everyone, it’s okay if you haven’t fully adjusted to being back.

School brings a bunch of feelings, good and bad. Whenever you start to feel overwhelmed make sure you have someone to reach out to! Seriously, take a break when you need it. Taking an hour a day is not going to make you fail a test. We often forget to take care of ourselves once school starts. We can’t do that! It is so important to start prioritizing your mental health. Let this year be the start to that.

Julianna Sandine

Youngstown '24

I am a Senior at Youngstown State University, majoring in Biochemistry through the Baccmed program. My hobbies include thrifting, drinking coffee, doing yoga, and hanging out with her friends! I love HerCampus for all it has given & taught me, I have met the most amazing girls through HC <3