This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at York chapter.

YUSU’s Live & Loud is one of the most anticipated events on campus. On Saturday October 5th, Heslington East will be transformed into a fabulous festival full of food stalls, bars and shisha tents, enticing students from all over campus to come and indulge in a cheeky face paint whilst listening to some great musical talent.

Having previously hosted the likes of Rizzle Kicks and Professor Green, Live & Loud promises a fantastic finale to an unforgettable freshers’ week with this year’s amazing line-up. Headlining this year’s event is Katy B, best known for her debut single “On a Mission” which peaked at number five in the UK Charts. Other impressive artists who will grace the outdoor stage are The Pigeon Detectives and SHY FX & MC Stamina, unmissable artists whom have both been incredibly successful within the music industry. Many students have taken to Twitter and Facebook to express their excitement and have reacted positively to the lineup, reflecting YUSU President Kallum Taylor’s belief that “With these three massively entertaining and varied acts, we’re absolutely PUMPED for this event!”.

Live & Loud will definitely set the bar for future campus events. Not only are students treated to an array of attractions such as a silent disco and photo booth, but also this year’s event will see a spectacular firework display that will take place over the lake on Heslington East. Students have been able to tweet and post their favourite songs and suggestions to YUSU as they “want YOUR favourite songs to be the soundtrack!” for the evening’s display.

All in all, Live & Loud is set to be a night to remember with unforgettable artists and fun attractions to suit every student. We hope that this rain or shine event will live up to its high expectations and deliver an extraordinary finish to a memorable freshers’ week.