Your Childhood Games that are Making a Comeback

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at York U chapter.

There is nothing more nostalgic than playing one of your favourite childhood video games, remembering those weekends when all you wanted to do was stay inside and play on the computer or game console. Well, many of these games are gaining popularity again and you shouldn’t miss out.

Here is a list of games that are making a comeback:

Animal Crossing

Source: Bianca Mazziotti  

It is finally here! Animal Crossing is now an app! It’s called Animal Crossing Pocket Camp and it’s very much like the Nintendo DS version but you manage your own campsite. It is worth checking out if you used to be obsessed with the original like I was.

Super Mario

Source: Mike via Pexels

Even though Mario hasn’t gone away, there is an app that every Super Mario lover should know about. It’s called Super Mario Run and it will definitely bring back those memories of playing Super Mario Bros. as a child.

Sonic the Hedgehog

Source: Pixabay

When I was younger, I used to play Sonic on my Nintendo DS (pink, obviously) and now there is an app for your phone called Sonic Dash. It is very similar to the older versions so it will definitely take you back.

The Sims

Source: Pixabay

The Sims never really went away but The Sims 4 has now released a Cats & Dogs edition and it is sending me back to my elementary school days.  

If you want to avoid the inevitable fact that you’re getting older and have to “become an adult,” then download some of your favourite childhood games. Avoidance is healthy, right?

A perpetually lost writer who is just trying to make sense of it all. Never ask me for directions. 
Sam is a Cinema & Media Studies student at York University. She is passionate about LGBTQ+ issues, mental health, and intersectional feminism. She loves dogs and grilled cheese and knows way too much about pop culture.