This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at York U chapter.

Take the scenic route, collect memories, leave footprints, and change your title from a tourist to a traveller. That’s the starter pack for a successful trip. Travelling doesn’t necessarily mean hopping on a plane and flying to a different location, but rather exploring different places that could only be a car ride away. Adventure doesn’t have to be thousands of miles away from home for it to be diverting. There are so many hidden gems surrounding us, waiting to be explored, yet we have no clue that they exist. I, for one, am always seeking a new sight, whether it be roaming through city streets or wandering through rolling hills. I seek diversity in my travels. I want to experience new activities, new cultures, and new sights. Sometimes finding these new compelling places is half the battle — so why not let someone else do it for you? 

While dealing with travel agencies, the stress of planning and choosing your destination is still very much apparent, not to mention how time-consuming the entire process can be. Fortunately, I’ve recently discovered a corporation that will alleviate you from the stress of planning your next getaway: Guess Where Trips. The name says it all. This business is all about spontaneity, diversity, and of course, amusement. The mystery around the exact destination of your travel I feel is a great touch, as it peaks your curiosity and leaves you craving more!

How It Works

Ideally, you begin by selecting the city you would like to travel to, whether it be one close to home or somewhere further away. After doing so, you will be presented with a large variety of options for trips, which can be filtered by city, attractions, distance, and accessibility. You will also be able to set a starting point to estimate how far each trip is from you. If you’re as indecisive as I am when it comes to choosing locations for any outing, no need to worry! You can take a quiz on their site that will narrow down your choices, and present you with trips more specific to your wants and needs. 

Each trip grants a few teases as to what you can expect to see and experience at your chosen destination to sustain the curiosity, anticipation and excitement. Prior to booking, you are provided with a brief excerpt on what to expect, trip highlights, an itinerary, as well as what you will need to bring. 

All trips are completely self-guided and can be done at your own pace and convenience. If you choose to receive your itinerary by mail, you will have the pleasure of obtaining their beautifully designed package that contains multiple envelopes which you will need throughout your excursion. Each envelope takes you to a new and exciting destination!

I have not yet had the pleasure of experiencing any of their trips, however, it’s definitely something I will be doing during this Fall season! The Waterfall Route, as well as Bridges to Beaches, have specifically caught my eye. If you are like me and love to immerse yourself in nature, while being surrounded by beautiful bodies of water, then these are two trips that I’d recommend giving a go! 

Let’s be real; who doesn’t love a good road trip? Roads are made for journeys, and while in good company, they seem much shorter. Think of the continuous forward motion on the open road as you drive through cities and small towns, constantly changing scenes. It’s the music blaring through the speakers and the laughs along the way. It almost lends a kind of cinematic effect that’s therapeutic yet thrilling and exhilarating.   

Don’t hesitate to step out of your comfort zone and immerse yourself in the places you love. If you have yet to discover these special places, I’d suggest starting here! In the end, it’s not about how far you travel or where you go, it’s about where you feel most at peace. 

Krizia is a part-time writer for York University's chapter in the Her Campus magazine. She is interested in a wide array of topics, including wellness, life, fashion, culture and career. As a full-time graduate student at York, she is attaining a Masters degree in English. Krizia has made many meaningful contributions to this chapter since she was previously part of the HC team during her undergraduate years.