This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at York U chapter.

Everyone wonders what their favorite Marvel character says about them. I mean, who wouldn’t? But that’s what articles like this are for, to figure out where your personality stands, in a playful way. Of course, I know some people take things like this super seriously. Here’s a reminder, it’s really just for “funzies.” All of the Marvel characters I’m about to describe are modeled after people I know and their favorites. I hope they resonate with you too!

Firstly, let’s start off with Miles Morales’s Spider-Man. If Miles’ is your favorite, I’m going to go go ahead and guess that you have some sort of artistic side, but you’re just learning how to adjust to being well balanced in life. Albeit, there will be times where you’ll feel like the world’s against you (what superhero hasn’t felt this way)? You’re rather peaceful when it comes to handling difficult things, but your feelings can get messy, especially if they’re romantic. The way Gwen and Miles’ relationship got messy towards the end of the movie, you’ll always be willing to push above and beyond to get the person you love to stay in your life.

Second to base would be Captain America, or as some of you more feral people refer to him; “America’s Ass.” If he’s your favorite, this could go one of two ways. You can either be a person who is a huge underdog, very much “Cap before the serum” mentality. If you’re the other type of Cap personality, you’ll probably go wild over him, most likely having some sort of boy band or guy group collection, because you do a little bit of idolization towards them like you do with Captain America.

Popcorn
Sara Carte / Spoon

Squirrel Girl may not be as popular non-ironically, but your thought process is as fast as she is. Don’t you worry, it means you’re great at coming up with all of these amazing ideas, faster than Lightning McQueen. You’re quirky like her, in a very good way. It makes you special and unique, and a lot of fun to be around. Who can’t love someone as lovable as you. People who you feel don’t treat you as an equal, don’t pay no mind to them; they can’t handle someone as eclectically smart as you. Just remember to stay true to yourself, that’s all anyone can ask for from you.

You may be wondering, “What about the Guardians?” Lemme just tell you, Groot is our star guardian. He actually does remind me of our Campus Coordinator, Riya, in ways, and Groot just happens to be her favorite. If you like Groot, you’re a rather stable personality, thoughtful, well adjusted, and probably trying your hardest not to fail at what you’re doing. Although your standards are high for yourself, I promise you, you’re doing a wonderful job. You’re an amazing person and are rather selfless, although you can get your bark all ruffled together over things people say or do. It’s hard for you to hold a real grudge, but that’s okay because it makes you everyone’s favorite lowkey leader.

You may be like “Who’s the fifth marvel character?” Well, let me just say, it’s Shadowcat. Maybe the weird kid allegations start, (I say this with love because I am a Shadowcat stan). You probably listen to Melanie Martinez, Marina, Mitski, or even Laufey. You take on a bit of a “saddy but baddy” mentality, but that’s okay, because that baddy in you? As a Shadowcat stan, I remember being the weirdest kid in the class but also being that kid everyone wanted to be friends with because of how kind I was. I would say you’re most likely a theater kid, and if you aren’t, you definitely have some sort of an artistic side to you. 

This is only part one of the Marvel series on what your favorite says about you. I hope you enjoyed the article, share it with your friends, and hopefully in the next one I will talk about your favorite and what it says about you.

A 28 year old, who is psychology turned photography major. started off in Guatemala, lived there for a couple of years until I received citizenship in Canada. After that, I went to school for 12 years, under the Canadian school system. I had a couple of traumatic events after I had graduated from high school damaging my memory. So I currently have a surprised memory. But with all those traumatic events, I was finally able to get treatment I was denied originally. I spent about a month originally, and have been in and out of their system as an in-patient. I got proper treatment. Now, outside of school I spend a lot of time in treatment centres of CAMH. I’ve spent a couple of years off due to mental health, only to have a deeper understanding for treatments, people, and the ways but could help them enjoy their lives more. It’s always such a good feeling to see people blossom into who they deserve to be. I’m still learning how to be okay, and being who I should be.