This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at York U chapter.

Friendship can be one of the most important and influential aspects of one’s life. The ones we actively choose to surround ourselves with say a lot about who we are and what we value. I have chosen to take this opportunity to thank the incredible people I am lucky enough to call my friends, and to show how much I appreciate every little thing they’ve done for me. Take the time to jot down the people that pop into your head when reading each thank you, and once you’ve finished reading, reach out to them to thank them for the ways they have positively impacted your life.

To the friends who make me smile each day: each moment spent with you means more to me than you could ever know. I appreciate the endless joy you bring to my life.

To the friends who have been there for me in my darkest moments: thank you for making me feel validated, loved and unjudged in times that  I needed it the most. You will forever hold a special place in my heart.

To the friends who stand in as a mother for me and stick up for me when I can’t do so myself: thank you for choosing to stand in my corner when it wasn’t the popular choice and making me feel safe and protected when I was most vulnerable .

To the friends I’ve found in lovers: thank you for showing me how to love myself and feel completely comfortable in my own skin.

Photo by Priscilla Du Preez

To the friends who have made sacrifices for me: thank you for choosing me and showing me how much you value our friendship without me ever asking you to.

To the friends I’ve hurt: I regret the actions that have caused you pain each and every day. I am so sorry.

To the friends who have hurt me: I forgive you and will move forward as I value our friendship more than trivial things.

To the friends who I no longer speak to: thank you for being just what I needed in my life at the time and teaching me so much about who I am. I will always love you.

Photo by Greg Raines

To the friends who act as my biggest cheerleaders: thank you for believing in me when I didn’t believe in myself. You have filled me with hope and positivity in order to push through the negatives life brings.

To the friends I don’t see very often but when I do it’s as if nothing at all has changed: Thank you for growing alongside me and sticking by me in each and every chapter of my life.

To the friends I see and speak to all the time: your companionship on this scary journey called life is more than I could have ever have hoped for. I am beyond grateful to have found my forever friends in you.

And lastly to my sister: thank you for being the best friend I could ever ask for. I don’t know how I got so lucky.

Photo via Unsplash

So many of the incredible people in my life fall into so many of these categories proving truly how impactful great friends can be in your life. Text, call or meet up with the people who have come to mind to thank them for the way they have changed your life in a positive way. There are very few things in this world that compare to great friends so never take for granted the people that make each day a little brighter and tell them you love them at every chance you get.

Just a highly caffeinated 22 year old still trying to figure it out
Wilfrid Laurier University Alumna - BA Honours History & Minor in Sociology and Religion and Culture. York University B.Ed. Her Campus York U Campus Correspondent/ HSA Advisor/ Chapter Advisor.  When I'm not leading the team, advising, or writing you'll find me watching any and every reality T.V show or re-runs of Friends and Gilmore Girls. Semi-classy wine lady who thinks pineapple on pizza is a crime.