This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at York U chapter.

Roshni Khemraj. I met this fascinating girl observing a Marvel poster so I just had to interview her. She’s a second year Political Science major with a minor in French. She’s a literature enthusiast, a film lover, and avid music listener. Her taste ranges far and wide. Did I also forget to mention that she’s the biggest Harry Potter fan ever???

What do you like most about York?

“What I like most about York is the diversity and how many people there are on campus! I love being able to meet people of all ages and backgrounds and unique histories and getting to know them! I also love the atmosphere on campus and how many clubs there are – the passion that everyone has for the causes they support is addictive and very inspiring! I also love the campus itself – there are so many places to walk around, study and hang out, it’s a really welcoming atmosphere.”

Thoughts on Trump?

“My thoughts on Trump are simple – anyone who is a racist and sexist and rude to a person with a disability shouldn’t be given media coverage, let alone have a chance at any form of political power.”

What’s the worst movie you’ve ever seen?

“The worst movie I’ve ever seen was Insidious. It wasn’t necessarily a bad movie, I just don’t like horror, so sitting through that movie was nerve wracking and very torturous.”

If you could live in any era, which would you choose?

“If I could choose any era, I would definitely live in the roaring 20’s! The art and fashion and excitement of the post-war era would be definitely be fun to live in, especially in Paris!”

If you could work for any NGO, which one would you choose and why?

“A main focus of BIAAG is the advocacy for girl’s education – and I think it’s very important to have a global network of support to help all girls around the world get access to an education environment that’s safe and secure because I strongly believe that the best way to relieve the world of poverty is through education, and specifically the education of girls in areas that prevent them access.

I think investing in girls is the best way to raise the standard of living for her family, community and country and working for BIAAG would work toward eradicating child marriages and advocating for girl’s rights – giving them opportunities to sustain themselves and break the cycle of poverty.

Investing in a girl can change the world, and as a strong supporter of lending my voice to those who aren’t in a safe position to use their own is something I hope to achieve with a potential future with BIAAG.”