Jessica Ruth: A Fresh Face

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at York U chapter.

Name:

Jessica Ruth 

Age:

17

Expected year of graduation:

2020

Program and Specialization:

Heath Studies- Health Management

Commuter or living on residence/the Village:

Commuter

What are you most excited for this year?

Learning what interests me in school academically, experiencing new classes, and meeting new people.

Has the transition to York been scary at all?

It’s been a bit lonely but not scary. I like being at YorkU.

What is your favourite course so far and why?

It would have to be a tie between Spanish 1000 and Foundations in Health Studies. I like Spanish because it’s easy and familiar, and the classroom environment is very relaxed. I like Foundations in Health Studies because the information is very interesting and relevant to the world I’m experiencing and learning about today.

Have you joined any clubs?

No, but I would like to join some; I’ve been considering the Salsa Club and Hallyu Dongari.

What do you like to do outside of school?

Sleep, keep up with what’s going on in the world of KPOP, and visit my boyfriend when I’m not feeling too lazy or introvert-y.

Any worries for your first year?

That I’ll not do well in one of my classes. Other than that, I’m not too stressed; school has been good to me so far.

Best of luck this year, Jessica! And good luck to all the other first years; know that even when workloads get crazy, you’re never alone in your struggles, and you will get through it!

Hey! I'm Stephanie Wilcox, and I am a professional writing major here at York U! I spend most of my time playing piano or ukulele and crying over books and boybands. I'm currently studying Korean as an elective, and I hope to do plenty of travelling after I graduate. I believe in fighting for a better, safer, and more equal future, especially through words and writing. This is my third year at York University, and I am thrilled to begin writing with Her Campus this year as a CC and seeing the impact we will be making here!