Her Campus Profile: Cheryl Singh

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at York U chapter.

Her Campus YorkU has many talented writers and Cheryl Singh is no exception. We want to get to know our wonderful Her Campus team better so here is the interview I had with Cheryl: 

Name: Cheryl Singh

Hometown: Brampton, ON

Major: Psychology

Relationship Status: In a relationship

Siblings: Just one brother (and a dog)

Cheryl’s dog, Max!

Favorite Quote: 

“You’ve got to love yourself first. You’ve got to be okay with your own before you can be okay with somebody else.” – Jennifer Lopez 

Favorite Food: Chicken Nuggets (basic, I know) 

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn

Cheryl’s 20th birthday

Why did you want to write for Her Campus York U? 

I LOVE to write. So to be able to write about topics I enjoy and have other people read them? It was the perfect mix!

What is your favourite thing about York U? 

The insane number of overly nice and just pleasant people I get to meet everyday!

What are your hobbies? 

Reading, writing and SLEEPING! Basically any task that I can do from the comfort of my bed is probably my favourite because why not???

If you could have dinner with five people living or dead who would they be?

Ed Sheeran, because I would want him to sing for me during dinner. Jennifer Aniston, to find out her skin care routine! Jordan Peterson, who’s a psychology professor at UofT and probably one of the smartest people I have ever heard of. Audrey Hepburn, because I’ll be having breakfast and not dinner and who better to have breakfast with? And James Dean, you can’t have Audrey and not have her James! (Plus that’s some nice eye candy!)

Cheryl and her brother, Ryan

What is your dream career?

I would love to go into clinical psychology and be able to treat, prevent and diagnose mental illnesses!

Who is your role model?

Demi Lovato. I have been following her since I was 10 and her journey with battling an eating disorder, while managing such a stressful line of work really motivates me to push through and give all I’ve got no matter how little that may be.

What are three words your friends would use to describe you?

Loyal, silly, and trustworthy.

Cheryl is extremely creative and ambitious and we are lucky to have her on our team. Don’t miss out on any of her fun and thought-provoking articles. If you or someone you know would like to join the Her Campus team, apply online to learn more about how you can get involved: http://www.hercampus.com/school/york-u

A perpetually lost writer who is just trying to make sense of it all. Never ask me for directions. 
Wilfrid Laurier University Alumna - BA Honours History & Minor in Sociology and Religion and Culture. York University B.Ed. Her Campus York U Campus Correspondent/ HSA Advisor/ Chapter Advisor.  When I'm not leading the team, advising, or writing you'll find me watching any and every reality T.V show or re-runs of Friends and Gilmore Girls. Semi-classy wine lady who thinks pineapple on pizza is a crime.