This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at York U chapter.

Walking through the doors of York University for the first time four years ago really feels like it happened only four days ago. I simply blinked and I’m now in the last semester of my undergraduate studies, preparing to throw my cap in the air and flip the page to the next chapter of my life. The feeling is best described as bittersweet

We were always told that college is supposed to be the best four years of our lives. While I do not want to wish any of that time away, I cannot help but feel eager and excited to see what story will unfold in this upcoming chapter.

Through all the ups and the downs, these past four years have undoubtedly shaped me into the individual that I am today. I’ve met new people and have made new friends who have challenged me to grow, as well as grown with me throughout this experience. It truly is mind-boggling what four years can do to a person. 

As I sit here and reminisce about my university years, I can’t help but be proud of who I have become and all that I have accomplished. I’m thankful for both the open and closed doors that I’ve encountered because each one has led me to this point. Each detour that I’ve been forced to take has simply been a redirection toward something better. What I would tell myself four years ago is to simply trust the process

This would be my advice to anyone beginning their university career. Of course, this is my personal opinion so take it with a grain of salt. It will get tough, it will get tiring, and it might lead you to question why you’ve taken so much on. It is imperative, however, to never let your end goal slip your mind especially during these times. 

Remember that balance will give you the best results so stay focussed, but grant yourself time to simply enjoy life and have fun. Don’t look in any other direction except for ahead. Everything will fall into place. 

So, what now? This is a question that I am still working on answering. I truly think only time will tell. What I am sure of is that I have chosen a career path that is meaningful to me; one that I believe will be fulfilling and gratifying. This may be the ending to one chapter, but the story has just begun.

Krizia is a part-time writer for York University's chapter in the Her Campus magazine. She is interested in a wide array of topics, including wellness, life, fashion, culture and career. As a full-time graduate student at York, she is attaining a Masters degree in English. Krizia has made many meaningful contributions to this chapter since she was previously part of the HC team during her undergraduate years.