Class and Sass and on her way to Class: Brittany Fera

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at York U chapter.

Meet the fabulous Brittany Fera. She’s a sociology major and theatre lover. You can find her grabbing a bite to eat at Cucinetta and watching neverending reruns of GLEE.

Why did you choose Sociology as your major?

I chose Sociology as my major because I love learning about society and how it works.

Who are the people who inspire you most? Why?

My friends are the people that inspire me the most. They inspire me because each one has their own thing going for them. They each have different interests and watching them strive in what they love motivates me to keep following my dreams.

Quote that you live by?

“If it is meant to be, it will be”

If there was one thing you could go back and tell your first-year self what would it be?

If I could go back and tell my first-year self something it would be to be more confident. I would tell her to make new friends, and “love yourself.”

If you could drop everything and go somewhere right now where would it be?

I would definitely be in New York City watching every Broadway musical.

Where is your favourite place to hang out at york?

My favourite place to hang out at York is Cucinetta in York Lanes. They have a great environment and amazing food.

What is the most interesting thing you’ve learned during your time at york?

The most interesting thing that I have learned during my time at York would be how cultured the school is. I love that I got to meet and befriend people from different parts of the world.

What are you hoping to do after you graduate?

I am hoping to become an Elementary School Teacher after I graduate.

Julia is a fourth-year undergraduate student studying Creative Writing and Psychology at York University, and to distract herself from thinking about the future, she spends her time writing and shopping impulsively. She is passionate about empowering young women, and through her contribution to HerCampus, she hopes she can encourage girls to celebrate who they are. You can usually find her in her bed or wandering around bakeries.
Hey! I'm Stephanie Wilcox, and I am a professional writing major here at York U! I spend most of my time playing piano or ukulele and crying over books and boybands. I'm currently studying Korean as an elective, and I hope to do plenty of travelling after I graduate. I believe in fighting for a better, safer, and more equal future, especially through words and writing. This is my third year at York University, and I am thrilled to begin writing with Her Campus this year as a CC and seeing the impact we will be making here!