This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at York U chapter.

On Sunday, January 6th, the 76th annual Golden Globes premiered on NBC. If you love admiring designer dresses and fancy red carpet looks, you’ll know that award shows are where some of the best looks come to play. There were so many iconic, beautiful look from the night of the show but this article will focus on some of the best and most favorite looks!

Lili Reinhart

Lili Reinhart stunned at her first Golden Globes. This is by far my favorite of the night, and she stole the hearts of many as well with it. She came in Khyeli Couture, and her look was a bold choice of monochromatic red, from the eye makeup, to the dress and even the shoes she came in. Lili kept the hair and accessories simple, and she definitely nailed this look!

Lady Gaga

This star was definitely born for her Golden Globes look! Lady Gaga shined in her custom Valentino Haute Couture cape and dress. The choice of lilac purple paired with the giant jewels made Gaga look regal! Some were not a fan of her patchy blue hair but others loved that it kind of matched with the look. I do personally think her full platinum blonde hair would have tied the look all together but overall Lady Gaga rocked the red carpet!

Jameela Jamil

This was also Jameela’s first Golden Globes! She served fairytale princess vibes in Monique Lhuillier. The A-line watermelon pink gown suited her well, and she kept everything else minimal. It worked out great though because nothing overpowered the dress or the the subtle floral details.  

Laura Harrier

Laura Harrier made a classic black dress far from boring. She wore Louis Vuitton to the Golden Globes and the dress was definitely a risk with the contrasting patterns but she owned it. The empire waistline and high slit were a nice touch. She gives us vintage vibes with the sleeve cut and red lips, and looked beautiful while doing so!  

Timothee Chalamet

Timothee Chalamet was an edgy heartthrob with this all-black look. The glittery harness added dimension and was an iconic look for him. He wore Louis Vuitton: Virgil Abloh at the Golden Globes and it was definitely one of the best dressed males. It looks simple but it is everything!

Darren Criss

Darren Criss did floral right. With everything black, it gave the floral jacket it’s chance to shine in all its glory! The wrong floral pattern can kill a look very fast, but he brought it to life so wonderfully! He wore Dior Homme’s to the Golden Globes and pushed menswear outside of the box to a different standard. Definitely not the typical suit jacket and I am here for it!

Sofia Carson

Sofia Carson went bold and daring with her Golden Globes look. Many people didn’t like the dress, but it looks absolutely stunning on her. She wore Giambattista Valli and by all means worked the busy pattern and ruffles well. I think anyone else would have been swallowed by it, but of course it was fit and made for her. She looked like a queen, and her accessory was a #timesup ribbon, which I applaud her for making a statement in every single way!

Lupita Nyong’o

Lupita Nyong’o did not come to play! This look was beyond stunning and looked so beautiful on her. She wore Calvin Klein to the Golden Globes and I was really impressed with the dress. She looked like she was wearing a million glittery raindrops, and I am stunned about everything from the cobalt color to how well it falls on and shapes her body. I like that it was different and might have looked horrible on anyone else. Lupita really does not disappoint with her looks.

View this post on Instagram

#GoldenGlobes #BlackPanther

A post shared by Lupita Nyong’o (@lupitanyongo) on

Halle Berry

Halle Berry is like the mom of the movie world, but she looked like one fabulous mom at the Golden Globes! This Zuhair Murad maroon dress outdid itself and accentuated everything about her beauty. The sheen mesh, sleeves and high slit were playful and gorgeous. This was a perfect look!

Troye Sivan

Last on the list is the is the most wholesome guy, Troye Sivan. This was also a Calvin Klein look that appeared at the Golden Globes.  He went with a navy suit with an oversized jacket that he worked well. The shoes were a really nice touch that really added to the look. They had a red accent on the front and an overall glossy black look. This was classy and a perfect look for Troye!  

There were definitely many other looks that I wanted to include but didn’t make it into this article! Everyone looked stunning at the 76th Annual Golden Globes and it makes me appreciate the talent and hard work of designer brand fashion labels. So much goes into making all of these people look red carpet ready. I’m excited to see what everyone is going to wear next!

Feimoon is in her fourth and final year as an undergraduate student at York University, majoring in Communication Studies. She is passionate about traveling, fashion, beauty, writing and spreading positivity. She is now an Alumni of Delta Psi Delta, and past President. Now she focuses on being a Co-Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus York University chapter!
Wilfrid Laurier University Alumna - BA Honours History & Minor in Sociology and Religion and Culture. York University B.Ed. Her Campus York U Campus Correspondent/ HSA Advisor/ Chapter Advisor.  When I'm not leading the team, advising, or writing you'll find me watching any and every reality T.V show or re-runs of Friends and Gilmore Girls. Semi-classy wine lady who thinks pineapple on pizza is a crime.