This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at York U chapter.

Meet the radiant stunner, Charlotte Coste – known for her sweet and bright smile. Charlotte is currently a 1-year exchange student attending Schulich. With never having the opportunity to travel to North America, Charlotte decided Canada, as her exchange destination. Charlotte loves her exchange – the numerous trips and experiences with many of Canada’s finest landscapes including mountains, lakes, and natural wonders have simply been phenomenal.

Living alone in a new country for one full year makes us wonder – if Charlotte ever gets homesick. The surprising no response must be due to Charlotte’s amiable personality. Charlotte’s “work hard, party hard” personality allowed her to quickly form many friendships – making her feel at home although she is in another country.

We all know French food is known globally for its finesse and flavour. From soupe à l’oignon to chocolate soufflé, we wonder what kind of Canadian food may be able to satisfy the exquisite French taste? The answer here was Canada’s authentic dessert, BeaverTails. The delicious fried dough pastry topped with a wide selection of sweet condiments and confections had not let her down. Whipped cream, banana slices, Nutella, and of course – maple syrup! Honestly, who can say no to this sweet savoury?

Charlotte claims one of the best experiences she’s had here was her ice-skating date in front of City Hall. She expresses that she had never experienced many events and festive decorations available here in Toronto back in her home country.

Going on exchange is fantastic, fun, and definitely a great experience. Charlotte experienced a new culture, met new friends from all around the world, and most importantly learned how to step out of her comfort zone. Although exchange at times, may seem difficult and frightening, it is a year that can truly teach a person countless life lessons. We hope Charlotte will enjoy her last two months at Schulich and return to France with a memory she’ll remember forever.

“Exchange isn’t a year in your life, it’s a life in a year.”

Image Sources

http://exchangestudentworld.com/student/top-5-reasons-to-become-an-exchange-student