5 Things To Do This Valentine’s Day For Couples, Friends, And Singles

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at York U chapter.

As we all know, Valentine’s Day 2022 is just around the corner. Valentine’s Day holds a different meaning for everyone. Some people really enjoy splurging and celebrating on the day, others could pass the day by like it’s any other day. There’s no right or wrong way to spend this day, as long as you spend it in a way that makes you happy at the end of the day. 

If you’re looking for something to do that day, check out the ideas below! These are also not targeted, so they can be completed whether you’re in a couple, single or with a group of friends.

Virtual Painting Follow Along

This activity is super fun, easy and cheap! All you need to do is choose a follow along painting video that you think you will enjoy. You can find so many on YouTube and other social media platforms. Once you have an idea in mind, determine what colour paints you will need. Then it’s time to hit up your local dollar store or craft store (P.S. going to a craft store can be a bit more pricey!).

All you need is your desired size canvas, some paint and paint brushes. With these items, and maybe an added bottle of wine (if that’s something you would like to add), you will have a blast! Just remember to let your creativity flow and most importantly, have fun!!

Go For A Hike

Whether you enjoy this activity peacefully by yourself, with a partner or as a group it is one way to get outside, get some physical activity and spend some quality time with nature. With some research and googling, you can find some nice trails even within city limits. 

It will be February which means it will most likely be cold and snowy, but you just have to make sure you dress warm! If you’re not a regular hiker, take this opportunity to take in the nature and beauty around you. We rarely really stop to take in everything that goes around us, and being immersed in nature is the perfect place to do just that. If you are an avid hiker, try taking this opportunity to find somewhere new to hike that you’ve never been before! It will be a fun adventure!

Make A Homemade Meal

A lot of people decide to go out for dinner on Valentine’s Day, but if that’s not something you want to do or you want to save a little money, making a homemade meal at home can be just as delicious and you can still have a fun time. Once again, whether you’re in a couple, single or with a group of friends, making a meal at home can be a function in itself, it can be followed by a self-care bath or a movie-marathon. It’s truly whatever your heart desires.

Self-Care Night

This day can be the perfect time for a full blown self-care night. You can never go wrong with self-care right? Something I love about this is it can be interpreted however you want! Whatever a spa and self care night means to you will come to life! 

If that means a DIY spa night, then you can get your face masks on and enjoy a TV show, or you can play some relaxing music while you take a long bath, you could watch a movie, spend time on a hobby, or read a book. The possibilities are pretty much endless here and there is no wrong answer as long as whatever you’re doing brings you some sense of self-care.

Learn Something New

This one may seem a bit broad. However, this is again something that can be done by yourself, in a couple or in a group, and it can be very eye-opening. We all know learning new things is beneficial for us in general. When you combine learning something new with pushing yourself out of your normal comfort zone, you will learn so much about yourself. 

So, if you have nothing else to do for Valentine’s Day this year I challenge you to not only learn something new, but make it something that is not normally in your comfort zone. See what happens!

Hi, Im Jaden! I am a Bachelor of Science Psychology major at York University. I love to read, write, workout and crochet.