yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash

5 Places To Visit This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at York U chapter.

You know the feeling, when the weather starts to get a little cooler, Starbucks announces the return of the pumpkin spice latte, and you start seeing more and more people in their Ugg boots; the many signs that fall is fast approaching. With summer just coming to a close, and the realization hitting that you spent all of the YU strike watching Netflix and ordering from UberEats for every meal, it might be the time to take action and start making some lasting memories. Here are some things to take advantage of before we get hit with another ice storm!

5 Drive-In (Oakville, Ontario)

With blockbuster hits playing every night (even on half-price Tuesdays!) 5 Drive-In is a great place to visit. Whether it be on a date or a casual get-together with friends, watching a movie as the sun sets is a great way to end any night.

Photo by Trip Advisor

Applewood Farm (Stouffville, Ontario)

What screams “fall” more than apple picking? Luckily Applewood Farm, nestled in the heart of Stouffville, can fulfill all of your apple picking needs, with over 10 different kinds of apples just waiting to be picked! Grab a couple of friends and you all will probably be able to collect enough apples in one afternoon to supply a small town.

Photo from Pixabay

The Donkey Sanctuary Of Canada (Puslinch, Ontario)

Cuddling rescued donkeys probably wasn’t on your list of things to do this fall, but it should be. The Donkey Sanctuary Of Canada, open to people of all ages, allows you to brush a donkey, forge a meaningful connection with them, and learn what they do in their day-to-day lives. Also, if you feel so inclined, you can choose to sponsor a donkey!

Photo from Pixabay

The Cooper CSA Farm & Corn Maze (Newmarket, Ontario)

Probably the ideal spot for a cute date, the Cooper CSA Farm & Corn Maze has over 10 acres of land to explore. With a pumpkin patch for picking, baked goods for sale, wagon rides, as well as so many more activities, whoever you chose to bring here is bound to have an amazing time.

Photo from Pixabay

Snakes And Lattes (Toronto, Ontario)

If board games were always your thing as a kid, you might want to check out Snakes and Lattes. Open until midnight (2 a.m. on Fridays and Saturdays), you can enjoy the newest Nutella concoction while challenging someone to a game of Scrabble. With new board games coming in all the time, you’re sure to never play the same thing twice.

Photo from Pixabay

The world is an incredibly vast place, but you’d never know it if the place you most frequent is Scott Library. So hopefully this list prompts you to start your own fall adventure, in between cramming for tests and pulling all-nighters to finish whatever paper is due that week.

Just your average pretentious film student trying to find her way in the world.
Wilfrid Laurier University Alumna - BA Honours History & Minor in Sociology and Religion and Culture. York University B.Ed. Her Campus York U Campus Correspondent/ HSA Advisor/ Chapter Advisor.  When I'm not leading the team, advising, or writing you'll find me watching any and every reality T.V show or re-runs of Friends and Gilmore Girls. Semi-classy wine lady who thinks pineapple on pizza is a crime.