What To Expect From A Pure Romance Party

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at YCP chapter.

This past Tuesday night, I had the pleasure (you’ll get that pun later) of attending a Pure Romance Party that was hosted at a friend of a friend’s home. It’s kind of like a tupperware party, but with sex toys and various other products. The Pure consultant was Shannon Elder, and if you have heard of this and have thought about having a party, BOOK IT WITH HER!!! She was so open, funny, and entertaining.

Anyway, back to the purpose of this article: what to expect when you attend these things. There were so many questions I had, from what I should wear to will I die from the shame and embarrassment because I am a shy human. So all of you do not have to go through what I went through here is a short guide to sex toy party.

Firstly, I was not sure what to wear. I wasn’t sure if I should dress formally, semi-formally, casually, and possibly informally? I figured formality was out, I mean I am going to learn about sex toys, so not formal. I also did not think it appropriate to wear my pajamas either, so I settled with nice jeans a tank top and a cardigan (tbh that’s my go to outfit everyday). When in doubt, I go with an outfit between casual and semi-formal, at least for parties.

I was so worried that I was going to be awkward and embarrassed the whole time, but it was actually the opposite. Shannon was so open and comfortable with talking about her business and her products that it was not even awkward in any sense of the word. She had some ice breakers that got everyone out of their shells and then she got down to business about the birds and the bees. It was entertaining, informative, and it was a good way for me to spend my free time. I learned about my body and what I can do to spice it up in the bedroom for both my pleasure and my partner’s.

I was also worried that I would feel pressured to buy something. Shannon gave her spiel and she was definitely “pushing” her products, but she did not condemn you into buying something. There were also beauty products that were available, so you can go for the beauty products alone. I am not saying there is not something for everyone, but there are other products other than sex toys.

Overall, it was an open judgement environment where you could be comfortable with your sexuality no matter where you are with it. All of the products were of good quality and of use in different contexts. I am not sure if I will go to one again, but I definitely recommend to go to one at least once in your life.

Want some more information about products or hosting a party? Check out this link!

https://www.pureromance.com/

Be safe, have fun!

-Kathyl

Hey!  My name is Kathleen and I am a senior Biology major at York College of Pennsylvania. I am from a little town in Pennsylvania called Lititz. If you can't find me on a nice day, I will probably be found wandering a local trail. I am a huge nerd and I love being involved in the biological sciences. I try to be as green as possible, while being poor (as many of us college students are). I started writing for HerCampus, because I think I could add a different perspective to some popular issues surrounding college campuses. Happy browsing!  ~ Kathyl
Stephanie is a Senior Professional Writing major at York College of Pennsylvania. She is a York College cheerleader; so she also likes big bows, and she can not lie.