david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Wendy Williams’ Halloween Scare

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at YCP chapter.

On Tuesday, October 31, Wendy Williams held her Halloween “special” and became a Hot Topic. Dressed as the Statue of Liberty, Williams fainted on live tv when she attempted to announce the Halloween costume contest.

In the clip, you see Williams talking and then her words began to slur a little. She, then, became wide-eyed, stumbled backwards and fainted. A crew member rushes towards her, the audience is heard gasping as they can’t believe what happened and the camera panned up and they cut to a 6 minute commercial break. Williams returned to finish out the show after being checked out behind the scenes.

Many people speculated as to what the cause may have been. Because her words slurred, some believed she had a stroke on television; others thought it was a joke. 

The next day, Williams explained, in detail, that she overheated in her costume and fainted. The doctors said that she was dehydrated, low on electrolytes and needed rest. 

The talk-show host began to tear up as she explained that the situation was really scary, but went on to joke about the situation. She explained that the two main things she thought about as she was going down was she didn’t want to fall on the plexiglass the crew brought out for the Halloween costume contest segment and she wanted look as cute as she could while going down.  

Williams is doing fine now and will be celebrating her 1500th show on November 13th.

You can watch the scary moment here.

Here is the clip of Williams explaining the scary moment.

A Senior at York College of Pennsylvania, majoring in Political Science. I am a Gemini, I love the color green, reading and writing! I am so excited to be able to write for Her Campus. I hope to inspire and/or entertain all who read my articles!