This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at YCP chapter.

Finals week is creeping around the corner and so is stress and deadlines. Around this time in the semester, students tend to just roll out of bed and go to class or not sleep at all. Finals are stressful, but here are some ways to de-stress and take a break from work, papers, presentations, and tests.

1. Take a short nap

Nap for 30 minutes to refresh yourself then continue working. Too long of a nap will make you even more tired and groggy after you wake up.

2. Eat

If you live on campus and have a meal plan, then hibernate in the dining hall. You can work on homework and snack at the same time. All-you-can-eat buffets are the best during finals. If you have your own kitchen then cook your favorite food or study snack. Even when stress overwhelms you, always remember to eat.

3. Talk to someone

Finals can be overpowering, but talking to someone can help clear your worries.

4. Watch an episode of a TV show

Don’t binge-watch the show in one sitting. Reward yourself by watching an episode for every page you write of a paper or take a break after studying for an hour by watching an episode.

Marisa is a Senior at York College of Pennsylvania majoring in Professional Writing. She loves to read and play video games. She is overjoyed to share her experiences with Her Campus.
A Senior at York College of Pennsylvania, majoring in Political Science. I am a Gemini, I love the color green, reading and writing! I am so excited to be able to write for Her Campus. I hope to inspire and/or entertain all who read my articles!