Typical White Girl Fall Things To Do In York (And You’re Not Even White)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at YCP chapter.

Typical White Girl Fall Things to Do in York (And You’re Not Even White)

By: Chantel Vereen

It’s about that time! Fall season is finally here and you know what that means! PUMPKIN SPICE EVERYTHING! I’m just kidding but here is some typical (white) girl things to do even though you don’t have to be white.

Heat things up with a Pumpkin Spice Latte! All summer you have been trying to cool down with some iced coffee or you were just sucking on Slurpee’s. But the time has finally come and the Pumpkin Spice season has returned to you! Treat yourself. Check out a Starbucks ASAP and pick up the largest Pumpkin Spice drink that you can find. You know that it is totally worth it.

Sight-see. You know, you want to– York City is LOADED with so much art and culture that you have to go take a look. There is an art gallery, a museum and so much more. Check it out! The fall is the best time to discover yourself while discovering York.

Go shopping– I always need a good shopping spree before YCP gets crazy heavy with midterms and finals. So take a day and explore your financial horizons. Buy those matching scarves and gloves. Retail therapy always works.

Pumpkin picking and wine tasting– Visiting a pumpkin patch with family or a significant other is the best thing about the fall. Especially if there is wine involved. Not a big fan of pumpkins? Try picking apples.

Take selfie in a leaf pile– Even though they possibly are infested with live and/or dead insects, (white) girls loooooove that kind of stuff. Don’t forget to upload it to Insta!!

Have a bonfire– YCP is notorious of having forty thousand s’mores nights in September and October. Want to have one for just you, your Big, your G Big, and the rest of your sisters? Go to the OSAO and rent it out!

Wear Hunter boots- Because they are just so damn appealing!

Make caramel apples- A yummy treat even though it is a sticky situation

Go through a corn maze- It will be a-maze-ing!

Buy a fall scented candle- If you hate the outdoors, this is perfect for you!