Sarah Marti: Singer/Songwriter and Enactus Secretary

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at YCP chapter.

As secretary of YCP’s chapter of Enactus (formerly known as SIFE), Sarah Marti works diligently to help students get more involved in the community, reach out and make a difference. “Overall, Enactus is an amazing opportunity to meet new and interesting people, to grow in my professionalism, and ultimately to make a difference in the community,” says  Marti. “Now that’s something I can be passionate about!” 

As a co-team leader for this year’s Young Women’s Leadership Conference, Sarah  invited 600 seventh-grade girls from all over York County to YCP’s very own WPAC for an inspirational presentation from a life coach. “This is an amazing opportunity for the seventh graders as well as York College’s volunteers,” says Marti. “Seventh grade, as we all know, is a rough time, but if we can reach out to them now, maybe we can help lead them down a path of success and happiness.”

Aside from her role in Enactus, you can also find Sarah singing her heart out with the YCP acapella group, Rhapsody. She served a semester as Rhapsody’s president, leading them to a first place win in one of the two competitions they competed in last year. As a woman of many talents, Sarah is also a gifted pianist and song-writer. “My heart is in the song, and I love singing and playing the piano,” says Marti. “Together, I can write music which brings me a sense of freedom and a feeling that I can accomplish anything I set my mind to.” 

Malaika is a senior public relations major who was born and raised in the Washington, DC metropolitan area. In addition to being a campus correspondent for Her Campus, she enjoys singing in YCP's acapella group Rhapsody, participating in the spring musicals and writing her own music while playing her guitar.