This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at YCP chapter.

Do you ever get an addiction to a phone app that you just can’t stop thinking about or playing? Well, my app addiction is Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire for iOS and Android. It’s one of those games where you build an empire, gather resources, and attack other kingdoms. If you’ve ever played an Ages of Empire game or Clash of Clans then this is your type of game. You can also join a guild and help your guild mates grow their empires, destroy enemies, and explore the realm of Final Fantasy.

It involves strategy and cooperation with your guild mates and allies. With my guild, I know they have my back when some big fish feels the need to pick on my empire. Half the time I feel like we’re a family because we look out for each other even though everyone is from different time zones. The App also has an interesting feature where it translates different languages, so you can chat with anyone no matter what language they speak.

Obviously, the game developers knew what they were doing when they created this game because some people are spending massive amounts of money to be the conqueror of the Final Fantasy realm. However, the game is free and you can cheat the system and make a bunch of farm accounts to help out your main account. Some people have forty-eight farm accounts and counting. I only have three accounts, but I see the potential for more in the future. It takes a whole day to wait for your buildings to upgrade in your empire, which can be a hassle at times. The pressure to spend money is challenging, but I have learned that there are other ways to wait for buildings to upgrade like switching to another account.

Sometimes the game encroaches on my studying and class time, but it’s worth it. What’s your phone app addiction?

Marisa is a Senior at York College of Pennsylvania majoring in Professional Writing. She loves to read and play video games. She is overjoyed to share her experiences with Her Campus.
A Senior at York College of Pennsylvania, majoring in Political Science. I am a Gemini, I love the color green, reading and writing! I am so excited to be able to write for Her Campus. I hope to inspire and/or entertain all who read my articles!