This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at YCP chapter.

It’s official! New Girl is returning for its seventh and final season!

Yes, Schmidt. It is true, my friend.

The show is set to begin airing on April 10 at 9:30/8:30c on FOX. It will star all of the beloved characters: Jess, Nick, Winston, Aly, Schmidt and Cece. It is said that even Coach will be making an appearance, along with some other unforgettable characters like Sam (Jess’s ex-boyfriend) and Jess’s parents.

The show will take place a couple years in the future. There, we see that Schmidt and Cece have a three-year-old daughter named Ruth.

Aly and Winston are married and expecting their first child together.

Nick is returning to Los Angeles from his European book tour for his novel, The Pepperwood Chronicles.

Lastly, as always, our girl Jess is stuck between a rock and a hard place: she’s contemplating marrying Nick or taking a job offer from her ex, Russell. Which option will she choose?

Yes it is, girl! What does the future hold for you and Nick?

April 10 is just around the corner. Hopefully, we’ll get a glimpse at the lovable Ferguson!

So, who else is excited for the return and final season of New Girl?!

A Senior at York College of Pennsylvania, majoring in Political Science. I am a Gemini, I love the color green, reading and writing! I am so excited to be able to write for Her Campus. I hope to inspire and/or entertain all who read my articles!