Necessary Pieces to Get You Through Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at YCP chapter.

With summer sadly coming to an end, a big question on any college fashionista’s mind is “what do I wear now?” With summer 2014 being the season of crop tops, maxi skirts and harem pants, most of us want to know “what’s next?”. Here are some super cute ways to look hot even as the weather gets cool.

1. Leopard Print

Leopard has become the new neutral. From skater dresses to bags to shoes, it’s easy to incorporate this wild trend into your wardrobe. If you’re nervous about looking a little less street stylish and a little more Snooki, start small! These slip-on sneakers from Target are both comfortable and stylish and fit right in with the comfy chic trend happening this fall.

2. Short Booties

Sure, riding boots were all the rage last fall (and are still a staple for cooler weather) but this year ankle boots have their time to shine. Pair with leggings or rolled up boyfriend jeans for a cute casual look or rock them with a skater skirt for a fun and edgy feel. These Simply Vera by Vera Wang boots from Kohl’s come in three colors to go with nearly everything in your wardrobe.

3. Matching Sets

You’re probably thinking that the last time you wore a matchy-matchy outfit was your pajama set in first grade, but matching top and skirt/short sets make for an effortless cool look. MissGuided has this super cute set that could be worn in all seasons. Forever 21 and Asos also have fashionable sets ranging from daytime casual to night time glam.

4. The Simple Sweater

On cold mornings when you don’t want to get out of bed putting on a cozy, boxy sweater is the perfect way to feel like you never go out from under your blankets. Rock it with leggings to your 8 am class or pair with a skirt for a date to the pumpkin patch. For a “stolen from your boyfriend” look check out this one from Gap.

5. Jogger Pants

Fall fashion this year is all about the sporty chic look. While yoga pants or leggings may be your go to on days you’re on the run (even if it’s just to class), why not step up your game with a pair of joggers like these from American Eagle? Wear them to the gym on days you’re feeling athletic and wear them lounging around your room on days you feel not-as-athletic.

6. Dark Florals

Just because all the leaves are falling and there will be snow on the ground soon doesn’t mean that you can’t wear girly floral patterns. This 70s inspired frock is the perfect way to bring florals into fall. Pair it with boots and tights for a cute casual date outfit  or with flats for a night out!

7. Slip-On Sneakers

Cute and casual, slip on sneakers are perfect for nearly any occassion. Paired with cuffed jeans and a t-shirt you have the perfect weekend outfit, or pair them with a t-shirt dress for a cute way to combine tomboy and girly. When it comes to slip ons, Vans is the king, this pomegranate red pair brings a pop of color to any outfit.

Junior Public Relations major with dreams of tweeting for a living. Sister of Phi Mu. Avid Netflix watcher. Twitter: @thatshantastic Instagram: @hannah_g_b