This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at YCP chapter.

I’ve slowly come to realize that growing older sucks in a lot of aspects. While it does give you freedom, it makes you realize that the freedom given to you is a huge responsibility. If you’re anything like me, you might not be ready for that responsibility quite yet.

The beginning of this week, February 18, was my 19th birthday. I spent it with a few close friends, and it was nice. But then I slowly remembered that I am no longer one of those innocent, little “fake adults”. I already had one year of adulthood under my belt, and as I get older, I will have to mature even more.

Basically, I just had this huge existential crisis…that I’m still having to this point. However, I’ve been finding ways to cope. For instance, I’ve been writing more songs and stories, and I’ve been reading more novels. Basically, I’ve been using creative outlets to try and get me out of my slump.

So, if anyone else is feeling like Stan from that one South Park episode where he realizes he’s growing older, (that might be a lost reference…)  ANYWAYS – guess what: you’re not alone! Life is hard, and the more we grow up, the more we miss the innocence of our childhood. But find a few passion you love, and spend your time with a few friends that you care about, and you too can get through it.

Just a simple girl trying to figure out her place in this world... obviously while holding a cup of coffee in her hand! Studying Psychology
A Senior at York College of Pennsylvania, majoring in Political Science. I am a Gemini, I love the color green, reading and writing! I am so excited to be able to write for Her Campus. I hope to inspire and/or entertain all who read my articles!