This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at YCP chapter.

This is a list of my favorite songs. I go to these songs all of the time when I have nothing else to listen to. I absolutely love them. It’s always a fun time. A lot of the bands were shown to me by my boyfriend Anthony. I absolutely thank him, kudos to you. Other people have different music tastes, and that’s fine! I’m picky with my music.

1. Damned If I Do Ya (Damned If I Don’t) by All Time Low

I was looking around in All Time Low’s albums and I discovered this song, When I first heard this, it gave me a totally cool “high”. I loved it. I don’t know why. My favorite part of the song is probably the chorus. I saw All Time Low live in concert August 2, 2017. It was one of the best times of my life. I love all of their songs, but this song means alot to me, and I don’t know why. 

The next 3 songs have been introduced to me by Anthony, and all of these songs have significant meaning to me. 

2. My House by Flo Rida

Anthony and I took the same course in High School, computer graphics. (which is now my major, Graphic Design) We sat together and listened to Spotify and heard this song, we jammed to it. We still do. I love all of the song, and it’s lit.

3. Let’s Cheers to This by Sleeping With Sirens

This was about the first song my boyfriend and I listened to together when we first hung out alone.It means a lot to me because it’s basically a song we can relate to and  the lyrics totally relate to us in every way possible. We own it. My favorite lyric is “I’ve got the whole world in front of me, I’m not letting go ‘til I say this is my life, I’ve got it all right in front of me, I won’t let it go there’s no way this is our time don’t slip away, don’t slip away“ Whenever we hear “I’ve got the whole world in front of me” It’s the best 3 minutes of our lives.

4. Death of a Bachelor by Panic! At The Disco

It wasn’t the first time I’ve heard Panic! But we just heard this song and we clicked. I don’t know how the describe it, it was the best thing I’ve ever heard in my life. I love Brendon Urie and his vocal range.

5. Welcome To The Black Parade by My Chemical Romance

The first 10 times I’ve heard this song, I said “darn, skip this song because it’s too slow.” I can’t deal with slow songs. The first time I heard this song fully was in my drawing class a few weeks ago. I thought it was the best song ever, and I still do. I’ve probably heard this song 100 times on repeat. “We’ll carry on” and “ I’m unashamed, I’m gonna show my scars”  are my favorite lyrics. I don’t know why. It’s probably because of the way he sings the lyrics. I like the way he drags his finger across his face in the music video when he sings “I’m gonna show my scars.” Anthony said “It’s his iconic thing.” It’s so cool.

6. However You Want It Said by Beartooth

This is another song I absolutely love. I love ALL of the lyrics. I love the chorus specifically. It can relate to me. That’s probably why I love this so much. This is another song I’ve listened to on repeat 100 times, no exaggeration.

7. 1985 By Bowling For Soup

Another song Anthony showed me. I loved it because it’s catchy. I’d say I love the chorus more than anything. The singer’s voice just makes it all better.

8. Satellites by Kevin Gates

This song was introduced to me by my friend Tina and Anthony. They thought the song was pretty lit. I gave the song a listen, and I don’t generally listen to rap, but dang. I loved it. My favorite lyric is “Satellites, she never really made love, gates.” I listen to that song on the AUX in the car whenever I get the chance. It’s great.

9. Favorite Liar by The Wrecks

I went to the All Time Low concert and The Wrecks was the first opener band for the show, and Nick Anderson who is the lead singer, KILLED IT. My friends and I died of how cute he was and how amazing his voice was live. I hope to see him in November when he comes to my location in Baltimore, MD.

10. 2U by Justin Bieber ft. David Guetta

I heard this song while receiving my ID for YCP.  It clicked in my mind. I LOVED IT. I don’t know why. I don’t generally listen to Justin Bieber anymore, but it just has this certain thing to it. This is another song I’ve listened to on repeat about 100 times. This song made me realize YCP definitely loves their music. Thank you for this song.

11. Go Flex by Post Malone

This song is so chill. The couple times I heard this song I thought he said “Man I just wanna go fast” instead of “Man, I just wanna go fast.” I felt so dumb when I was learning the real lyrics. It’s okay. It’s a good song to chill out to.

A Senior at York College of Pennsylvania, majoring in Political Science. I am a Gemini, I love the color green, reading and writing! I am so excited to be able to write for Her Campus. I hope to inspire and/or entertain all who read my articles!