This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at YCP chapter.

I can just hear Chris Harrison saying these all too familiar words. Every season he claims “it’s the most dramatic season yet,” so I didn’t really take him seriously when he claimed this finale would be rather jaw dropping.

I do have to admit, I heard some spoilers before going into the finale. At the beginning of every season I always look up the winner of the bachelor (I know, I’m impatient). I found out it was Becca Kufrin and I was excited about it because I liked her right from the start. She seemed genuine and down to earth. Going into the finale, I had already heard the rumor that he made a mistake by choosing Becca and feels that Lauren is the love of his life instead.

Becca made a memorable first impression when she had Arie “fake” propose when she stepped out of the limo. Weeks later on finale night, he “real” proposed…but oh wait, he technically didn’t.

I thought the finale was rather drawn out and a little ridiculous. They had Arie break up with Becca on camera and she was completely blindsided. A little insensitive on his part in my opinion. Then again, the show may have made him do it with the cameras on because anything for some good television, right? Anyway, Arie basically said to Becca that he wanted to break up with her and be with Lauren instead because he was still in love with her. One of the many perks of dating 20 girls at the same time…

I thought Becca handled the situation very well and was really mature about it. She almost handled it too well… I wanted her to scream at him or something! I was so mad, so obviously I can’t imagine how she felt. One too many times she asked Arie to leave and do you think he did? NOPE. He wouldn’t even leave the poor girl alone! He could have at least respected her enough to give her time to herself to sort through what just happened.

In spite of all the bad news, some good news did come from Becca being rejected by Arie. She’s the next bachelorette! On ‘After the Final Rose’ Becca actually got to meet 5 guys that would be on her season of the Bachelorette. They all seemed very nice (and cute) and she seemed to be into all of them. She had an overwhelming amount of support from #BachelorNation as well as her closest friends from Arie’s season. From heartbreak to hopeful, Becca has an exciting journey ahead of her as the new Bachelorette!

Junior Nursing Major at YCP
A Senior at York College of Pennsylvania, majoring in Political Science. I am a Gemini, I love the color green, reading and writing! I am so excited to be able to write for Her Campus. I hope to inspire and/or entertain all who read my articles!