A look back at the past year….

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at YCP chapter.

This past year has been absolutely crazy.

Last June I got a text from my friend Malaika. She asked me if I wanted to apply to start a chapter of Her Camps at YCP. Having never heard of Her Campus I looked it up and was absolutely intrigued.  So we applied.

A couple weeks and a few application steps later we found out that we were accepted! From that moment on my life changed and I am so proud to be the President of Her Campus York College of Pennsylvania for the 2015-2016 school year. We have grown so much in the past year and I’m excited to look back at some amazing parts of the past year for us.

October 21, 2014 we launched as a chapter of Her Campus.

We interviewed the President of YCP, Dr. Pamela Gunter-Smith.

We also interviewed Andy Shaw and numerous noteworthy faculty, staff and students of YCP.

We were granted provisional status as a registered on campus club from our Student Senate.

We paired with PRSSA for a Promotes Positivity campaign.

Chantel Veeren applied and got the job as our second campus correspondent for the 2015-2016 school year.

Malaika Newman (my co campus correspondent from our founding) and Alexa Cohen (our 2014-2015 PR chair) graduated as our first two Her Campus members to graduate from YCP. Congrats on all of your success girls!

We started a new school year and have gained an amazing amount of new team members who are so excited to be apart of Her Campus YCP.

October 21, 2015 we celebrated our 1st birthday!

Thank you to everyone who has helped make Her Campus possible. It is greatly appreciated!

-Caitlyn Colgan, President of Her Campus YCP
Caitlyn Colgan is a Junior Public Relations major at York College of Pa. She also have a minor in Musical Theater  She is a sister of the Phi Eta chapter of Phi Mu. She loves theater a little too much and spends almost all of her time dancing, singing and acting.