Imara A. Miles

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at YCP chapter.

Introducing: Imara Miles, a Sophomore Music Major from Bowie, MD who likes long walks on the beach, kids, and hilarious jokes!

1. What is your major and what do you want to do after you graduate?

I am a Music Performance major and after I graduate I plan to go to graduate school in Ohio, Indiana, New York, Maryland, or New England.  And then I plan on either traveling overseas or moving to somewhere in the country to go into an opera company to perform.

1. What activities you are involved in?

YCP Enharmonix where I am the Music Director, YCP Improv where I am the Public Relations Chair and a troupe member, Chorale, Chambers, Women’s Choir, and the musical.

1. What is your favorite thing about YCP?

I guess I’d have to say the professors or the people in general.  For example, I didn’t think I would like my Human Communication class but because of the people and the professor I have a great time and I like learning there.

1. Three facts about yourself?

I can write and read backwards, I played the cello for nine years and I’m a junior family genealogist- which means I study my family’s history (with my grandmother.)

1. What is a quote that you live by?

“Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.” –from the movie “Auntie Mame”.