I Took a Hiatus – and That’s Okay

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at YCP chapter.

Recently, I’ve been a little swamped.

Okay, maybe “a little” is a bit of an understatement.

Life hasn’t been going my way for a while. Michael Scott could basically sum up my emotions to the tea.

Trying to handle the stress of my first semester in college, on top of a whole bunch of personal dilemmas, plus in and out of school activities and work was just too much for my feeble brain to handle. That is why I took a hiatus off of writing articles for Her Campus.

However, there’s always a light at the end of every dark tunnel, and I believe that I have finally reached that light. Because of this, I have a few goals in mind for myself, especially as this first semester is ending and a new one is just about to begin.

1.) Write more articles – and even just in general

I’ve began to realize that writing my feelings has been a huge help, because it gets my feelings out there in a tangible format, and I genuinely want to do that more often, whether it’s for the site or of my own benefit.

2.) Be more involved around campus – try out for new activities

One of the main reasons why I was so out of myself and in misery was because I wasn’t as involved with activities and opportunities around campus. As for next semester, I already have an audition lined up for the spring semester theatrical shows, and I am so excited for that opportunity!

3.) Organize my life

This one is pretty self explanatory. Whether it’s by cleaning my room here and there or writing assignments down in a planner (so I can stop procrastinating), I want to be able to say that my life is organized.

All in all, I just want to remind you that it’s okay to take a day or two for yourself if you’re feeling like your life is getting too hectic- just as long as you’re able to dust yourself off, rise from the ashes, and put your best foot forward to a better direction with a goal or two. 

Just a simple girl trying to figure out her place in this world... obviously while holding a cup of coffee in her hand! Studying Psychology
A Senior at York College of Pennsylvania, majoring in Political Science. I am a Gemini, I love the color green, reading and writing! I am so excited to be able to write for Her Campus. I hope to inspire and/or entertain all who read my articles!