I Said WHAT?! (Featuring the Cast of Living Single)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at YCP chapter.

I’m certain that we’ve all seen the videos of people under anesthesia and talking, for lack of a better word, crazy. They are hilarious videos, up until….

Have you ever had surgery, of any kind, and had to be given anesthesia? Have you ever  thought that there may be a video of you circulating out there in the world?

It’s a scary thought, isn’t it? I’ve recently had this thought and I can honestly say that I’m utterly terrified.

Last spring I had surgery for fibroadenomas. In a nutshell, they are hardened benign (non-cancerous) cysts that are usually found in women who are in their 20s and 30s, but they can be found in women of any age. So I had them removed.

This was actually my second surgery to remove them. (I believe the first surgery was on my right breast and the second was on my left breast.) It is a fairly simple surgery, but I won’t go into too much detail about it.

(This isn’t meant to be a sad, melancholy article.)

So my parents went and stayed with me for the procedure. It only took a couple of hours, anyway and I went home the same day. Before I went into the operating room, I met the doctors and nurses that would be working on me. One was a student doctor named Jeremy.

OMG! This guy was FOINE!!!

Whether or not he was in the operating room, I don’t know. What I do know is that we would have look so cute together as a couple!

Last week, I was thinking about how I had two successful surgeries, and my mind shifted to student doctor Jeremy, then my thoughts came to a sudden halt.

“Did I say anything embarrassing while under anesthesia?!” It would be really awkward not only for me, but also for Jeremy if he was in the room.

This thought has been going through my head for the past week.

What if I professed my “love?” What might I have possibly said on the operating table? Did I say anything during my first surgery? Is there a video somewhere out there of me???

I’m fairly confident that all the nurses and doctors were very professional and didn’t record me. I’m just saying, I didn’t see any of them afterwards. (Then again, there were other women there for the same surgery, so maybe there is my answer.)

It’s nerve-racking to think I might have to see Jeremy again and I might have said something weird while under anesthesia.

The biggest question I have is will he say anything about it? (Another is, does he even remember me?)

Oh well, I guess I’ll just have to wait and see! If the opportunity presents itself, I won’t even hesitate or flinch.

I’m a strong, independent woman who can handle any situation thrown at her.

A Senior at York College of Pennsylvania, majoring in Political Science. I am a Gemini, I love the color green, reading and writing! I am so excited to be able to write for Her Campus. I hope to inspire and/or entertain all who read my articles!