How Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon Are Generating Even More Nostalgia

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at YCP chapter.

With the introduction of Alola Forms, Ultra Beasts, the Rotom Pokedex, and Z-Moves, it’s clear that these new games have created a variety of very fresh, very unique mechanics. However, despite removing a few of the “classic” features that had become more of a hinderance than anything (cough cough HMs), the Pokemon Company has also made an effort to keep the old fans interested. 

For example, in the previous version of Pokemon Sun and Moon, near the end of the game, you were given the chance to face Red and Blue, a powerful pair who became the original Pokemon League Champions. 

And now, in the most recent Ultra Sun and Moon trailer, we see that Giovanni, the series’ original villain, is back–and this time, he’s brought reinforcements.

In these version of the games, you can now battle every major baddie that’s appeared in the last 20 years. But just what is this new group, called Team Rainbow Rocket, actually up to? Well, there’s only one way to find out. 

Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon will be hitting the shelves on November 17th, and will hopefully live up to the hype. 

A Senior at York College of Pennsylvania, majoring in Political Science. I am a Gemini, I love the color green, reading and writing! I am so excited to be able to write for Her Campus. I hope to inspire and/or entertain all who read my articles!