How To Have Fun Watching the Super Bowl When You Aren’t a Sports Fan

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at YCP chapter.

I spent my Friday night driving home with my family to spend the weekend with them. At first, I thought it was just going to another normal weekend with them. However, the car conversation proved otherwise… apparently there’s going to be this important football game???

Okay, I know what a Super Bowl is. I’m not completely clueless. However, I am not the kind of person who is a huge sports fanatic.

Odds are, I’m going to have the world’s most interesting time trying to follow the the birds vs. the Americans…

Even though sports aren’t my forte, I do have to admit that I can still have fun watching the game…

For one thing, there’s going to be a Justin Timberlake performance

Truth be told, I am a HUGE Justin Timberlake fan. His songs are such a bop! And half time performances are always my speciality. I’m excited to see what he’ll bring to the table.

Food. All the food.

Need I say more about this topic? Going down and enjoying the home-cooked wings and chip & dip.

Commercials can be hilarious

Heck, I still find myself quoting lines from commercials from last year’s Super Bowl! It ends being such  a guilty pleasure in a way.

Most importantly, I’m spending my time with the people I love – friends and family

Sure, I have to ask them several thousand questions about why some actions cost more points than others, but it’s okay. At least I’m spending some quality time with those I admire the most.

There you have it. Whether you’re in it for the game, or you don’t have a clue what’s going on, I hope you find some way to enjoy your Sunday night.

Just a simple girl trying to figure out her place in this world... obviously while holding a cup of coffee in her hand! Studying Psychology
A Senior at York College of Pennsylvania, majoring in Political Science. I am a Gemini, I love the color green, reading and writing! I am so excited to be able to write for Her Campus. I hope to inspire and/or entertain all who read my articles!