Horror Films And The Holidays

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at YCP chapter.

There is nothing like watching a horror film to lift your spirits during the holidays. I don’t know about you, but when the holidays roll by in December I always feel the need to watch a scary movie. A couple years ago, I watched The Grudge on Christmas and now I believe it is a tradition to watch horror films during the holidays.

I don’t like slasher films where the female leads always make the worst decisions unless the movie is Psycho. The experience of watching Psycho is nothing to miss in all its black and white glory. Plus, the chocolate syrup for blood is extremely creative. It has the same effect as real blood. I like mystery and mayhem with a touch of supernatural. Korean and Taiwanese horror films are the best. My favorites are Arang and Shutter. The Conjuring, Insidious, and Annabelle are also good scares if you’re interested in mixing the cheerful holidays with the chilling sense of fear.

What traditions do you have during the holidays? 

Marisa is a Senior at York College of Pennsylvania majoring in Professional Writing. She loves to read and play video games. She is overjoyed to share her experiences with Her Campus.
A Senior at York College of Pennsylvania, majoring in Political Science. I am a Gemini, I love the color green, reading and writing! I am so excited to be able to write for Her Campus. I hope to inspire and/or entertain all who read my articles!